Romancing the Stone - It's finally done!!

Those of you that know me know that this quilt has been in the works for several years. I finally finished it yesterday. I couldn't be more pleased with the result.

The quilt is colored trapunto using lime green and pink acrylic felt for the colors. There is also a layer of Hobbs polydown behind the felt to give the trapunto more dimension. All of the curved crosshatching is embellished with 2mm AB crystals. It was fun putting on the crystals and watching how it changed the look of the quilt. Some pics are attached. However, they really don't capture the sparkle from the crystals.

The quilt will be in the Des Moines show coming up here in a couple of weeks along with the AQS show. I hope to see some of you then!!

post--13461904762044_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debbi,

Wow - this is just a day for stunning quilts to be posted. Romancing the Stone is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us. Best wishes as you show it. We will all eagerly await the response from judges. In the interim, you must be on cloud nine to have finished such a great piece.

Lynn

Hey Deb! So glad to see your "Romance" is FINALLY finsihed!!! ... Uhhh ... I mean that your "Romance" has blossomed into somehting so spectacular. Yeah... that's what I meant to say. ;) Anyway, It's beautiful to see it finished and it is scrumptious. Lovely. Romantic. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! :) Surely it will rake in the ribbons. (((hugs))) love and miss you my friend. Shana

Archived