nqr prayers for dear family please

Hi! Well, I guess it is always appropriate time for praying, but I have a dear friend who is especially in need right now. Her 16 yr old son (a twin) was killed yesterday in a farming accident. Her name is Shelly. Her son's name is John. Please pray for the family and the friends of John! This is such a sad, sad thing. The family knows the Lord and John did too. That is our comfort. thanks for your time. linda

Dear Linda,

Our prayers are going up for Shelly's family and friends. I understand the pain of suddenly losing a child. My youngest son was nearly 16 when he was shot and killed by a gang member. It's been just 20 years now and it still hurts. God promises He will never leave us nor forsake us. It is true! Our son also knew and trusted in the Lord. That brought such comfort.

God loves each of us. We pray that He will surround Shelly and family and friends with His loving arms and will provide peace and comfort.

Many blessings,

Lin Squires

Linda

I am so sorry to hear of your friends family loss. Especially at this time of year it makes the holidays so sad for years to come. Thanking the Lord that he held John so tightly and that John is now with the Lord. This is such a comfort to all who love him to know that he is with his heavenly father. Praying for you and and your friends whole family.

So sorry for your friend's loss. Unless you have lost a child you cannot imagine the feelings. Compassionate Friends is an organization for parents who have lost a child. Maybe there will be a chapter in their area. The group helped me survive. I lived far away from any family in a new town with few friends when my son was killed. A minister was part of our group because he felt he needed to be with people who had experienced what he was going through. I didn't know for years that my daughter expected to die young also.

Archived