OXO clamp- product review

remember way back when the topic of the OXO good grip chip clip came up...about using them as side clamps for our quilting....well, i got some...way back when :)

flash forward to the other day- i finally made the time to switch them out...

OMG! I LOVE THEM! i had the red griplites, and they were okay, but if your machine bumped them, they feel off....these OXOs stay put...the extra rubber along the edge really keeps it gripping the fabric....plus they are super easy to squeeze open

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Grips-Clips-2-Pack-White/dp/B0002YTG4K

the bolt that went through the original orange clamps we get are too short (you'll need 1/4" x 3/4") and you'll need some washers....

(not affiliated- just passing along helpful info)

post--13461905641321_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Shannon! I've been intending to ask what others are doing for an alternative to the side grips and hadn't gotten around to it. This is a really inexpensive alternative, and the part that I like best is that they are easy to squeeze open. I assume I'll need just one for each side so a package of two is enough?

Yes, these clamps work perfectly. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond, My DH installed them several months ago, and I agree they are wonderful. It took him less than 5 minutes to swap all four out with bolts and washers he had around here. You're going to love them.

Thanks for the in fo Shannon... always good to know. I have a red set, of a diff brand. Look very much like these, and they too grip well and aren't too hard to use. Of course can't remember the name, Heidi M has a set also, I think.

I also think these are a lot cheaper.. again, can't remember.

Originally posted by RitaR

Thanks for the in fo Shannon... always good to know. I have a red set, of a diff brand. Look very much like these, and they too grip well and aren't too hard to use. Of course can't remember the name, Heidi M has a set also, I think.

I also think these are a lot cheaper.. again, can't remember.

Grip Lites. Love them. These look very similar.

I'm happy you finally tried them! They are wonderful. I've been singing their praises since I first got mine, 2 or 3 yrs ago.

I tell everyone not to buy the ones that are 'almost' like them for 20 bucks more (plus shipping) that are made especially for quilting...and break on occasion. These work like a charm, and I've never broken one. They're one of the best tools I own. It's the best $4.99 - 20% coupon I've ever spent :)

Debbie in Austin

I picked up 4 of the OXO grips yesterday at BB&B, $5.99 for two on a card. I found them on the wall with all the kitchen utensils, i.e. peelers, cheese cutters, slicing things and other OXO products. They were down in a corner with other brands and sizes of clips. Still have to put them on.

I have the Grip Lites and love them. No trouble with them popping off and so much easier to open than the ones that came with the machine. I tried to the the OXO clamps before I got the Grip Lites and all I could find were the small 2 or 3" sizes....OR had to buy a whole card with various sizes on it to get ONE of the larger clamps.

• 1 month later...

Archived