Poll on Wheels

I had just about decided to spring for the new M&M Wheels on my Millenium. A friend who's a longarm quilter said she didn't think they made that much difference. I've read otherwise on this forum.

So I'm taking a poll. What's the word on M & M wheels? Who has them and what has your experience been? Should I get them when I send my machine in for service?

Thanks,

I just had mine installed yesterday.....and I LOVE THEM! I couldn't believe the difference, my machine floats now! I didn't realize how much I was fighting my machine until I tried Marlene's(Starrynight Quilter) Millie/which has the Bliss System. I thought I'd start with the wheels and now I don't think I'll need to upgrade. My Millie is an 05.

Money very well spent in my opinion!

I just this minute finished putting the M&M wheels on my Liberty. They look more substantial and they feel good so far. I think I like them better.

I installed ER's which were WAY better than the original wheels. I was looking at the original wheels (I don't know why I kept them) and they are so cheap and laughable looking after having the ER's and now the M&M's make them both look bad. LOL.

I was happy with the ER's for a few quilts, but then they developed a drag. I think that may have been operator error...I know I didn't have them adjusted properly, but by the time I figured that out my new M&M's were here.

The instructions I received with the ER wheels didn't really explain things well at all, but I understand those have been improved upon. The instructions with the M&M wheels were very thorough with pictures, but I evidently don't have channel locks because there were things in the picture that my machine didn't have. That made things go slower. I feel stupid saying that I don't know if I have channel locks, but I bought my machine used and I've always used a clamp to lock my machine and it never occurred to me to ask about that. Tomorrow I will check with Dawn. The girls on this list helped SOOOOO much.

The instructions say it takes about an hour to install the M&M's. Hmmmm...I must be slow because it took longer. I'm a morning person so I'm not sure why I waited until evening to do this. That may account for the longer time it took. I was being very careful and doing things EXACTLY right. That's hard for me.

My own personal opinion is...If you are buying wheels and you have the choice...buy the M&M's.

If you are sending your machine in for service then by all means...have them put them on and save yourself a headache.

Absolutely, YES! the M&M wheels are well worth the investment. I had a smooth ride with my Millie before M&Ms, but there is a significant difference and improvement after putting them on. SID is so much easier and accurate and quilting is effortless and I have more control of the machine.

Funny that this should come up now...I posted the following on another forum a little earlier.

I do have the whole bliss system but I think that the m&m wheels are really good on their own.

They are fat and huggy, they kinda wrap themselves on the carrage rail .....no need to adjust anymore!

Sorry ...not very good with words :cool:

Simply love my Bilss system with the new M&M wheels.

Way back when I was a wee thing I used to go roller skating at the roller rink.

The hire skates were a tad dodgy but they moved.

I remember the 1st time I skated with my very own pair of brand new skates

and boy they moooooved. The sensation was unbelivable.

Thats the difference between the edgeriders, which were a hell of a lot better than

the brown wheels that the machine came with, and the Bliss system.

My machine glides along ever so nicely now :-)

x

SAtu

Guest Linda S

Jan - does your friend who is a longarm quilter have an APQS machine? If she doesn't, then she does not know what she's talking about. The M&M Wheels are amazing! I've had the old orange wheels, the newer black wheels, edgerider wheels, and now the M&Ms. There's no going back for me. I LOVE these wheels.

I see a bit of a difference with the mm wheels over the edgerider wheels...but I must have had my er wheels adjusted right...because there isn't enough difference for me. I have the er wheels on my liberty and do not plan to put mm wheels on it as I have on my millennium. I am perhaps the only one who isn't as impressed with the mm wheels as others are.

I have (had) my machine at the shop in Iowa too and was going through the decision process you are. I didn't know if I should have them install the M&M's because I have the ER's already, but I thought what the heck? The machine is at the factory, they would do the install - I wouldn't have to pay extra for shipping and our dollar is good (I'm in Canada). Can't wait to try them! I will post again when I do - my machine arrives on Wednesday! :D:D

I based my decision on the above factors - but also because the posts here in this forum were so positive. I'm not sure I'll see a big difference, but another fact to consider (which I didn't know) is that if the bearings ever go on the M&M wheels they can be popped out and replaced. Amy told me this over the phone when I was trying to decide.

When I purchased my millie used it had the original black wheels and I was considering the ER's, but then the M&M's came out and installed them instead. Compared to the black wheels that were on my machine....I can't say enough good things about them. Now on the other side on my old ULT II I had put the ER's and have to say both machines with their upgraded wheels do/did feel very close to the same.... if you have the original wheels on your machine, I'm sure you will feel and see a considerable difference.

I have both ER's and M&M's. Wtth proper installation and adjustment, which is key, they are very similar. I don't see a real difference.

You don't know how many times I have talked with people who don't have them adjusted properly!

I also sell both types of wheels, so am not biased either way. :)

Originally posted by Katydids

I have both ER's and M&M's. Wtth proper installation and adjustment, which is key, they are very similar. I don't see a real difference.

I agree with this statement. Since I run 2 different machines..one with ers and other mms..this is what I have found also. I do think that either are much better than the original black wheels though that came on my machines.

Just a note that once my machine comes back to me with the new M&M's I will likely be selling my Edgeriders. I might have someone interested, but if they aren't then I will post. There was nothing wrong with them, but I don't need two sets of wheels.

Patty, is there a materials list that comes with the Edgeriders to I can make sure that I have all the parts for when I sell them?

Archived