Thank you, & you, & you,& you........!!!

Well, after all this time someone finally told me how to make my laptop work after my battery gave up on me. Who knew you just take out the battery and plug it in without the battery? :D:D:D

I want to thank every APQS Angel who contributed to my care package. I want to come to your houses and hug each of you and tell you in great, loving detail how much you all mean to me & to my mother. I want to thank each of you for your prayers and good thoughts, and all your hugs. I cannot tell you how much your gifts mean to me nor can I tell you how timely it has been. I do not know how we would have made it through the month of March without your generosity and love. I love you all and just don't have the words to tell you what each of you mean to me. The quilt is just beautiful! It is so bright and happy and just makes me feel so good! I don't have a picture yet, but I hope to email one to Shana to post for me, so be on the lookout!

I'm doing much better. It's really been a battle since November when I first got sick a few days after getting to meet Heidi and Charlotte at the Houston show. I've been home since some time in February (I've lost track of when) and had to wait for one of 5 incisions to heal from the inside out. I've had home health nurses everyday until last week shen that wound finally closed. Then I still had to cope with the pressure soreson my bottom, but those are now well on the way to being healed also so the nurse dismissed me as of today.

I know how it is when you are praying for someone and never find out how things turned out, so now for "the rest of the story"! I have made the decision to retire for health reason's. This was a hard decision for them to make, this company is like a family, much as we are here on the forum. I've been with them for 10 years, and although I've not always been happy on a daily basis, I can honestly say that this is the first job I've ever had that I could get up everyday and look forward to going to work. The honesty and integrity of the owners and management of this family owned and operated company cannot be beat. I went in today after a Dr. appointment and met with my boss and the HR Manager. I still have a colostomy that cannot be reattached until June, I will have Cobra insurance and the 4000.00 deductable has been met meaning that the rest of my health care for the year will be at no charge to me other than the monthly premium that I have to pay. I am going to be filing for Social Security Disablity. I have to face the fact that the RA has reached a point that I can no longer work. Not regular work anyway. I have to stop and rest a little every hour or so which is just too many breaks and employers aren't good with that it's fair to them or the other employees. My hands make typing, and filing difficult to do for long. So, I'll be retiring and working on getting myself a quilting business so that I can take better care of myself and my mother than SSD will allow. So see! Your prayers have worked a miracle! How blessed can one person be? I'm so gratefull for all of you, for the time and effort and prayers and the comfort of knowing that I can come here and be loved.

Shana-Brick.....er...Babe, (yes I saw the other post!), you darling sweet girl! Thank you for all the work you did in co-ordinating this!!! I can't imagine the hours you put in to get everyting together and do the peicing and the quilting. You are a one in a million angel among angels. I love you dearly!

This si already too long! Thank you all! I'm sending hugs all around the world to each of you!

Guest Linda S

Oh Kenna - I am so sorry to hear you lost your job, but what a wonderful and compassionate employer you have! I hope you recover quickly from the surgery in June. Blessings and love to you.

Kenna,

I'm so glad to hear that the company is treating you with so much respect. Please keep us informed as to how you're doing. We were all so worried about you, so we're happy to know that you're feeling better. Hugs and prayers for you entire family.

It is sooooo good to hear how things have improved for you - health and insurance. Prayers mean so much. You are such a trooper and deserve only good things in the future. Perhaps when you start your quilting business (perhaps vo-rehab can help pay for it). I would think that a machine and an IQ would be your ticket to a business that would be more RA friendly. I, for one, can't wait to see a picture of that quilt. The pic Shana showed was just so pretty. Blessings.

Dear Kenna, There is a season and reason for everything as they say and we are part of a much bigger plan...His plan. Continued prayers for healing to you. So glad you liked your quilt and can't wait to see more pictures. A quilting business is just the ticket and you'll find a way to make it happen! (((((HUGS)))))

Dearest Kenna, how wonderful to hear from you. Prayers are a very real and your story is a blessing. I believe that we really have a strong prayer group on this forum which is like no other. I've never met you but love you just the same, it was an honor and blessing to be part of your quilt project.

Can't wait to see you snuggled in the quilt:) Please keep in touch and I am still praying for the next phase of your journey. Love you.

((((Kenna)))), I am so pleased to hear you loved your quilt. Also so happy to hear your health is improving, and your company are helping you through the next few months.

Will keep you in my prayers and thoughts for continued improvements in your health and well being.

Kenna,

I don't even know where to begin. Do I begin with so glad you're back and on the forum or so glad you are healing and getting your health back or sorry you lost your job or so thankful your company has compassion, No I know I'm so proud of how you are handling all this stress! With dignity and grace girlfriend!!!!! I would imagine many would just retreat into a dark room, cry and just fall apart but you have not done that. You keep fighting and you are still so sweet!!!! It was great talking to you the other day and please hang in there. God has a plan, I'm sure of it! You keep smiling and when you think you are all alone you just wrap that quilt around you and you will know that your cyber friends DO really care and love you! ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) to you my friend.

Kenna,

I am glad you are back on the forum. Your "adventure" is stuff movies are made of. I am so glad the the company that you work for listened with compassion. The alternative would have been so easy. I am glad that you are getting stronger each day and the prayers will keep coming. You are one strong women we should all look up to. You will be great in your new career. We are here for you . Love ya!!!!

Kenna, as long as we keep our hearts and minds open, the possibilities are endless. We were blessed to be able to help you when you needed it. I feel sure good things will come of all of this. You have an amazing employer but I am sure they realized what a wonderful person you are or they wouldn't have been so generous. Hang in there and our prayers for you will continue!

Kenna, thank you dear for the honest update on your condition and for sharing the story of God's provision and love for you. I firmly believe He has orchestrated all of this for some reason we may never know. May you continue to heal, may you feel our prayers for you every time you wrap yourself in our gift and may you know how much we care. now take care of yourself and one step and day at a time. May blessings abound

Kenna,

Pleased to hear that you are slowly on the mend. What a great company you worked for to offer you the support that they have and what a weight off your mind. Medical bills can be such a nightmare. Looking forward to seeing a photo of you with your quilt.

Take care,

Sue

Wow! I just logged in and found this post today and read everything....the story and all that has unfolded... Just look at what everyone has said!! What a blessing!

Kenna, with all of the challenges we face, I am a firm believer that our possitive attitude and perseverance and tenacity and inner strength and faith make us who we are, and proves how we will handle future challenges. Well honey I think you have all of these qualities. Other people are attacted to these qualities, so you attract only those who are similar to yours; those with positive influence. What goes around comes around. Surely all you have gained (health and employer and friends) is a result and a reflection of who you are as a real person. You got soul, baby! So with that you will survive and you will find happiness,even in the simplest blessings. It's really that simple.

You are my hero, Kenna-babe!! :)

Archived