Emerging Entrants-2nd place-MQX

I'd like to encourage those of you who have never won in a machine quilting show to ENTER this category. (You still have time to enter for MQX WEST!) Quilters who were at the Awards Ceremony will attest to my shock when my name was called for 2nd place as I had no idea there were prizes for this category. I just entered because I wanted to see my quilt hanging in a beautiful show.

I volunteered to be a white glove person so I could stand there and listen to the comments from fellow quilters. My quilt was just a traditional pattern enhanced by the use of DeLoa's Jones boomerang rulers. It was a thrill to listen to all the positive comments, watch them take pictures of MY QUILT, and write down the names of the rulers used. One group of ladies even looked at it and said, "You can tell that one was done by a computer." I just loved it!!!

Janet Lee said I have to play with the big girls now, and who knows, I just may do that!

Our own Vicki Maloney won a judge's award.

Congratulations!!!! I wish I could have been one of the people amaring your quilt and saying great things about it while you were listening. beautiful creative quilting! Keep it up! the big girls are going to have to watch out for you coming!!!!

Archived