Thanks for all the compliments on the bag the pattern is Patterns by Annie "Laptop Computer Carriers" I bought it at the Bernina store here but I am sure you can proably find them online. The pattern was for a 14" laptop but I have a 17" one and just adjusted the pattern by 3 inches to accomidate the size difference where it was larger. It also called for nylon strapping but didn't want to use that so made my own strapping. I also bound the inside seams so there were no raw seams. The batting I used was two layers of fusible fleece, made it a little tough to work with when putting all the peices together to form the bag but really liked the results.

Bonnie,

I love your bag. I have seen the pattern at quilt shows and keep thinking I should make one. Annie is often in the Superior Thread booth at shows and sells her patterns through their website. At one point she had kits but I like your fabric and colours better! For anyone wanting the pattern the link to her patterns is below, scroll down quite a way for the bag pattern.

Sue

http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/category/patterns-by-annie/products/

It does look like CL Square Dance and this project sure is inspiring!! Bonnie, so you quilted the fabric, and cut the pattern out after quilting. Did you load up the yardage called for in the pattern? And you actually used binding on the inside to finish the seams????

Archived