quilt for my son

i am sharing this quilt as an excuse to tell you all how proud i am...my son bought his first house and this is the quilt i made for him to celebrate!!!

it's nothing fancy cause i am not a fancy type girl, and he isn't married so it's just him in the house. i wanted to do qz swirls but he likes my freehand swirls, so that's what he got.

i am a puddle of momma pride right now, he is only 24 years old.

thanks for looking....

post--13461906623361_thumb.jpg

Meg it is perfect! I love it and what a perfect quilt. Isn't it wonderful when they grow up and become responsible? Did you decorate for him? When my son bought his home we went down and did a 4 days flip. It was lots of fun but wow was it a lot of work. I'm glad he didn't wait until I was older to buy a home that needed some TLC. LOL

I love your colors and the quilting. It looks like you could just curl up under it and snuggle. It's a wonderful gift that he'll treasure. That's a pattern I've been wanting to do. You did all those swirls free hand? I'm impressed! :)

thanks everyone - like i said - i am a puddle of proud mom goo over the whole thing...i'm blessed with 3 great kids.

eileen - yes - it is a bento box. i love this pattern for younger gals and guy quilts. it's geometric style appeals to that group and it goes together lickity split. it makes an outstanding black and white as well.

heidi - he bought a remodeled 1960's ranch. the kitchen and baths are brand new and the hardwood floors were refinished. between his girlfriend and i we are getting it warmed up a bit - and you're right - it's exhausting. he has always been kinda plain jane when it comes to colors and decorating so i am trying to keep to his wishes, and it's been hard since i have an affinity for red and purple! here's a picture of it - nothing fancy but perfect for him.

post--13461906623814_thumb.jpg

In this economy (sorry about the cliche) I do hope that our young people appreciate our gifts of homemade quilts. I've given several as wedding presents just because I have the supplies and means to make them. I can't buy a wedding present that equals the value I place on my quilts. Meg, you should be proud! Sounds like you have a wonderful family. Congratulations!

I really like it, it's perfect for a guy. Isn't is great when they grow up so well? Our son bought his first house last year and we flew out on a three day weekend and helped him paint and move. Wow, it's alot of work but so worth it! Congratulations, you have much to be proud of!

Guest Linda S

Great quilt and, apparently for a great kid! Buying a house at 24 is awesome. It may not be fancy, but it looks solid, sturdy, and well-built. What a wonderful gift to give your boy, and the quilting on it is super.

Archived