Asking for prayers....

hi all -

i am asking for prayers regarding my youngest son, jimmy. he has some very big decisions to make regarding his future in the next 2 weeks. i feel badly asking because he isn't sick and nothing is wrong :) and i know many have much larger worries than i. but he is under a lot of pressure and he is only 17. i am a wreck with worry that he will make the right choice. he has put many years and much hard work in and i just want him to be happy.

if you wouldn't mind adding him to your list, i would be most grateful.

you guys are the best!

Watching your children grow into adults and having to make their own decisions about how they will deal with life is a very hard thing to do. You can't make the decisions for him, and you know that he will have to deal with the fall out if he makes the wrong decision.

Being the mother of a 23 yr. old boy, who hasn't always made the best decisions I can relate. I have had to stand by and try to help him through when he didn't go the right way.

Prayers are all you can do at this point, so never worry about asking others to pray with you. We have all been there, or will be there soon, and we can feel your stress.

Your added to my prayer list.

Meg I will pray for Jimmy to make the right decision for him and I'll pray for you too! It is so hard to watch them make those decisions. When my daughter was 17 she decided that she did not want to go off to college but instead wanted to work fulltime. It almost killed me to not demand that she would go to college. She did promise that she would take classes. As it turned out (now 27) she finished her 2 year degree in about 3 years and then went on to get her bachelors and then finally I got to hear those words that every mother just loves to hear, "Mom you were right I should have gone to college full time." LOL I didn't even tell her I told her so. Hang in there! ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

I too have a 17 yo son. He is a very bright guy and school comes easy but he thinks he would rather farm than finish his senior year. I have to be honest...I am pushing very hard and very vocally to finish school. It just doesn't seem fair to have him commit himself to farming for the rest of his life. I keep saying he can make that decision next year. College can wait if he wants but not high school.

Oh Meg!!! He will make the right decision. He has to know that either decision is the RIGHT ONE!! Why? Because either way he chooses, he has the power to choose his destiny and make his life the way it is meant to be. SO, he just needs to listen to his heart, and go with that feeling. The fork in the road????? He will do fine whichever fork he takes. We all make the best decision we can "AT THE TIME" and we can't look back and regret it. That decision was what was best AT THAT MOMENT AND TIME so you can't second-guess it. Make a decision and move on. It's all about attitude. If we all have the right attitude (about life and those inevitable forks in the road) we will succeed. Attitude is everything when it comes to happiness and success!!! We all make the best with what we are given. Go with what the heart tells us. It all works out OK.

Right?

You turned out OK didn't you meg? :P;) (((hugs))) And gurrrrrllll... You got Atti-TUDE! :)

Love ya!

Archived