work in progress- another pic added

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shannon,

We don't know each other (even on the forum), but I've followed your suggestions for quite some time. I can only wish to quilt like you and many of the others whose work I see on this forum. You, and they, are inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to see more pictures (perhaps a picture of the entire quilt).

Happy New Year to ALL!

thank y'all for the positive feedback....

i hope it does good at the shows. - i can see every little mistake on the back...it's teaching me areas where i need to improve (knots and SID, duh) and stuff i need to work on (ie i don't want to read the judges comments :) i know what i've done 'wrong'...no need rubbing it in :P i'm learning that i need to 'slow down' when i quilt...i always have this rushed feeling in the back of me (even when i drive) it feels like i'm late for something and need to hurry up....

it has two batts (legacy wool on top of dream cotton select) and i side lit the crap outta it when i took the pictures (i have a little goose neck desk lamp i use)...the double batt is awesome for showing the quilting, but *whew* it is a bear to work with- almost too puffy...it creates it's own issues that have to be dealt with...

another light bulb realization- it's really hard to work this hard and long on a quilt i'll never see again. i know there are some out there that put 50+ hours on a customer quilt....but i'm having a hard time swallowering that pill. next time i put this much work into a quilt, it'll be my top. (it's nice of the lady to let me cut my teeth on hers tho *giggle*)

Archived