And then their eyes get wide!

My son has a wonderful girlfriend who has an equally wonderful mom. We've had dinner together, talked and laughed. She knew I "quilted". She came over this weekend for the first time and I asked her if she would like to see the studio. I had a big quilt hanging waiting for pick-up and another almost finished on the frame. And of course the big ol' Milli sitting there ready to get to work.

Her eyes got wide....

Then the questions started. How does it work? Do I quilt for money? How long have I had it? You know the drill. Can I see how it works? This very nice and smart woman is an elected Washington State politician and when she left she told me how much she admires me. *wow*

I love my job!

:D I know, isn't it cool! Friends of ours came for a visit a little while after I got my Milli. He is a farmer and runs very large tractors. We were telling them about my machine and he was not very interested. Later when he saw it he suddenly was very interested asked all kinds of questions and the look of admiration I got.....:cool:

I had a customer bring a quilt to me the other day, and she asked if she could see my machine. She had never seen one. I said sure, the only problem is, she had to go up the stairs and through the part of my house I never cleaned cause I am always in the "studio" :o She said no problem, I won't even look. Yeah, right. :D

Anyway, she was impressed with the long arm. Luckily, she didn't ask me to demonstrate.

Archived