My IQ is here!!!

Just got home from the gym and awaiting at my front door was my IQ! Now the process of installing it by myself. I am going to read the installation instructions again. It can't be any harder than putting together my Millenium when that came in 7 boxes. Any suggestions? Wish me luck!!:D

post--13461908203977_thumb.jpg

How exciting! I would be freaked out to try to put it together myself. I paid to have my longarm assembled, but now I'm paying the price, cause I need to take the machine head off to attach my hartley fence, and I do not have a clue where to even begin:P

Hope your IQ goes great, and can't wait to see pictures of your IQ'd quilts:)

Leslie, you don't need to take off the head. Just move one of the lexan table top pieces off to the side, then sit on the floor under the machine. The bracket for the hartley fence just screws into the screw holes you will see on the underside of the machine. (this is if your machine is one dated AFTER the front axle was moved forward)

You can just leave the bracket on from that point forward.

Hitomi, you can do it. Just take your time and follow the directions in the order written.

Get yourself some wooden shims from home depot or such to use to prop the machine when you have to change out the soft mount on the axle for the Y motor.

Use a small level and speed square to make sure the motors are aligned straight and level when installing and adjusting them.

Lastly, contact your dealer if you run into any trouble.

Hitomi, saw your notes on the IQ group site. Congrats and yes you can do it. If you have problems have your dealer talk you through them on the phone or if you two have SKYPE you might be able to video. I don't have Bliss so I can't help you with the install. You go girl!!!!!

Guest Linda S

Yeah! I'm sure you can do it. Just remember, swearing is allowed any time you are assembling machinery. Cool black tablet! I've got a white one, and black would be much better suited to my housekeeping abilities. ;)

I put on the thread path and the tablet bracket and looked in the box with all the motor mounts and ALL that wiring. I gave up. I called my mechanic and he will be coming over this morning to help me install. He is very good with motors and such. I feel better that he is doing it. Helen my rep is out of town until Thursday so I am on my own today. And you know I HAVE to put it on TODAY, LOL!

Anxiously awaiting to hear how the install goes! Before the end of the year, I'm going to order one.....

I have a friend a few miles away that is really handy that has one. I'm thinking about paying her to install mine....but then again that would mean she was away from her machine and revenue.....I may not be able to afford her.

Where is the closest rep to central Iowa?

Archived