I have been somewhat reluctant to post any photos of my quilts as I only machine straight lines on a DM. However I do try to be innovative with the lines and my aim to to enhance the quilt not just to keep the three layers together. This Bargello quilt I made for my nephew and his partner and was hung in pride of place at the entrance of Marlborough Quilters exhibition.

I do enjoy seeing what clever quilting you all do on a LA and sometimes these photos do give me inspiration for my quilts.

Yvonne

Von, You sure have pieced a beautiful quilt, and quilting is also.

Are those pieces left from the piecing in the outer border.. Its so eye catching, though no so much as the whole top.

I'm surprised you could not only piece but quilt one so large and quilting it on a dsm, gives me great pride in you.

Hugs,

RitaR

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments. It makes me feel really good. The pattern was a design by Chris Timmins and was published in the Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine that I think was published about 2006-2007. It actually took me about 5 years to make as it kept getting bigger and other smaller projects were just easier to do!

I was fortunate to find border fabric that had all the colours I had used in the top.

As far as quilting on my DSM I used my Sewezi Table up against the dining table and the chairs for support as the quilt measured 99inches by 109 inches. I had to quilt in batches of time and we ate our meals off our knees for several days! I vowed and declared I'd never quilt another so big again. We'll see!!

Yvonne

Archived