Hugos Amazing Tape, and mind games

I have been using Hugos tape to mark the place on my roller to keep the quilt edges straight as I roll. The tape only sticks to itself and I can reuse it many many times. I also use it to keep the borders straight when I have several borders. http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/category/new-products/description/

Does anyone else play mind games as they quilt? I listen to books on CD and sometimes have to tell myself that "If you quilt to the end of the CD, then you can..... go eat lunch, take a walk, read the forum!!!

I loaded a really large quilt today that is kind of boring to quilt. Every time I roll the quilt I pray that there will be no more quilt puddled on the floor. As soon as I see the quilt hanging free, I know the end is near! Oh Happy Day!

Dontcha just love when you reach the middle?

When you count the CC's and get halfway across?

When you leave that zinger border for last and realize that it really will look better unquilted?

When you stand at the back to groom the quilt and realize there aren't any hanging threads to clip--and no pokies or unquilted spots?

When your hubby comes in to offer to take you out to dinner--and you are a blur as you race to turn everything off and zip out the door?

And when that last border is advanced into the quilting field??--Heaven!!:P:P:P

This is so funny. I love when it comes off the floor. Was thinking the other day it's like intermission at a play. Once you come back it's seems like it doesn't take as long the second half. Nice to know sometimes that I do things the same as all of you. Maybe I'm actually normal. lol

Carol :)

does anyone play the bobbin game?

guessing how many bobbins you will need to complete the quilt is my favorite mind game.

sometimes i start thinking about the amount of bobbins for my NEXT quilt while i'm only halfway done with the one before it!

Meg....yepper with both bobbins and how many needles to load when hand binding. I flip the quilt over the frame get my rolly chair, load the needles spread them out across the quilt and roll my way down the frame. Before the pains in my hands got as bad as they are I could hand finish a king sized quilt in about a hour and a half. Would call my sister have her on my headset all needles loaded and away we would go. ;)

Guest Linda S

Yes, I do that. And, it's a rule that I can only listen to a book while quilting, so if I want to hear the next chapter, I have to get to work. :D I just use painter's tape to mark the edges and borders. It lasts quite a few times before it gets too fuzzy from quilt lint and I have to throw it away.

Originally posted by Marsha Nichols

Bonnie and Kath: OK here is the "Inexperienced" question: when you discussed loading needles for the binding....are you talking about "Pins"?

Marsha, In case they don't see your question, I think they are talking about threading enough needles all at once to put the binding on their quits by hand. Another little mind game. I think Bonnie is just using her machine to hold the quilt and sitting on her rolly chair to work her way down the quilt. No machine involved.;);)

Archived