Miami Valley Quilt Guild Show-Best of Show!

I am so please to show you the pictures of my customers' quilt! She won first place in the Art Quilt Category and also Best of Show! I have never seen applique like she does. It looks like it is woven into the fabric!7164700206_72826a25f7_z.jpg

IMG_0017 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr7164705636_6a4d79a8be_z.jpg

IMG_0016 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr7164710932_845e89a22e_z.jpg

IMG_0015 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr7164717982_6733f1b651_z.jpg

IMG_0014 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr7164724588_040e41198a_z.jpg7164724588_040e41198a_z.jpg

IMG_0013 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr

IMG_0013 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr

Chris,

There is even movement as I view the quilt; it undulates. The selection of colors makes it appear as if it is three-dimensional.

Your quilting is fantastic. How many stops and starts did you do?

Just beautiful--the piecing and the quilting.

Guest Linda S

Congratulations! That is so very pretty. Looks like reverse applique', which would explain why it looks like it is woven in. It is a gorgeous quilt and the quilting . . . so pretty! :)

Originally posted by Anette D.

Chris,

There is even movement as I view the quilt; it undulates. The selection of colors makes it appear as if it is three-dimensional.

Your quilting is fantastic. How many stops and starts did you do?

Just beautiful--the piecing and the quilting. [/quote

Millions! LOL I lost a few years and gained more grey hairs over this one!

Originally posted by Linda S

Congratulations! That is so very pretty. Looks like reverse applique', which would explain why it looks like it is woven in. It is a gorgeous quilt and the quilting . . . so pretty! :)

Linda,

She actually appliqued each color on top a the green background. She said she did not want the green "leading" to be raised. This was a half window in a bank in Plain City Ohio. She drafted all the angles and drew the patterns herself. Just sayin', she was a design engineer in another life! LOL Now she is retired and doing wonderful quilt designs!

Archived