Another finished, this time Cactus Rose

Finished another Judy Niemeyer quilt last night. This one is my own. Been working on it too long, started in March, but have had many interruptions. Very glad it's done....

7560046596_fa9fbf21c6.jpg

Cactus Rose by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

7560046460_7b8163abcd.jpg

7560045642_371b67a2ee.jpg

Many more pictures and more info on my blog....

Oh Ardell, This one is a true beauty! I love to see your quilts. Your quilting is exquisite, as always. I love the design. Judy N's quilts are always fun to work on but some are really complex. I can see why this one would take awhile. I am working on her "Crown of Thorns" right now. This is another one that I certainly can't hurry through. Thanks so much for sharing. This is another one to go into my favorites.

Originally posted by LibbyG

Ardelle,

You are definitely the Judy Niemeyer queen! How long does it take you to piece one?

This one took a long time, I didn't keep track, but I am guessing around 100 hours. I did my Prairie Star in about 50 hours so it depends on the pattern...

Thanks all for your compliments and comments!

I always love seeing your beautiful work Ardelle. You come up with the perfect quilting ideas and execute them beautifully. You're inspiring me to get out that Judy N pattern I've had for years and finally start piecing it!

Archived