sneak peek

Great quilting...am patiently waiting to see it finished....

How about this type of table ...they are quite sturdy as I have one in my other work place....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Folding-Steel-Tube-Height-Adjustab-Laptop-Notebook-Computer-Desk-Stand-Table-/320965780628?pt=UK_Home_Garden_LivingRoom_TV_Furniture&hash=item4abb0d2494#ht_1774wt_952

Originally posted by hmerrill

... I want a table that I can raise and lower to put under the sandwich to give me a firm surface to mark my stencils. I have the extended base but I can't do the whole stencil without moving the head. OK all you tinkerers out there get busy! I'm imagining like a hospital tray that raises and lowers so that you can easily get it under the sandwich. You would have to have the ability to raise and lower it.

Beautiful quilting, Heidi! For your table that raises and lowers you could try putting a piece of plexiglass or something else solid on top of a standard ironing board which you could then slide under the sandwich. It's not infinitely adjustable, but might do the trick.

Thank you everybody! I'm onto the last row and then the border. I hope to have it done tomorrow but don't expect pictures right away. I'm having a bridal shower for my daughter on Sat. Kailey is coming Friday :)! I can't wait to see them all and spend a little bit of time with them. It will be a quick trip, they are leaving Sunday.

Thank you all for the ideas for the table too! I knew I could count on you. So far my two favorite ideas are the computer table and the ironing board. I think I'll try the ironing board tomorrow night and see how it works! It just might do the trick. Then I sit here and ask myself, "Why didn't I think of that?" LOL. I had the big base on the machine but that always means I have to work around the head. I don't want things in my way. I'll keep you all posted!

Originally posted by Prairie Quilter-

Beautiful quilting, Heidi! For your table that raises and lowers you could try putting a piece of plexiglass or something else solid on top of a standard ironing board which you could then slide under the sandwich. It's not infinitely adjustable, but might do the trick.

The ironing board worked perfectly! Easy to take in and out and I could adjust it however high I needed it! Thanks for a fantastic idea. I'm still kicking myself for not coming up with the idea on my own!

Heidi love your feathers. I used the ironing board for a quilt that had a mind of its own and I used starch and steam method and was afraid of getting a hammock effect on back material so I slid the ironing board underneath so I could master this thing and it worked pretty good. I never thought of using it for the stencils. Thanks ladies for the tip. Looking forward to the finished pic.

Originally posted by Quilting Grammy

WOW that is great I just started a quilt that I have to do a lot of marking on going to use this tip. What did you put on top of it or was it hard enough without adding a top to it?

I love the stencil you are using.

Connie I didn't use anything on top. I just slid the ironing board under my quilt while on the frame and raised it to the right level and stenciled away. Slid the ironing board down as needed. It work fabulously!

Archived