Christmas Quilt Deadline Countdown!

I'm done too. My last quilt was supposed to be a BAQ and the maker didn't have her backer yet so I told her she is being put off until next year. I don't quilt for customers between Thanksgiving and New Years as this is my 2nd job and I have to fit in the family. I'm finding it harder and harder to fit in quilting for customers. Life just keeps getting in the way. Hoping next year is more "normal."

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Before I loaded the current one last Monday, I counted 9, and all of those are custom but 1. I'm up and quilting by 5:30 a.m. and don't quit until about 6:00 p.m. with a few breaks in between. I just put my Christmas music on and quilt away.

I have 4 family quilts thrown in on me and I'm trying to finish a Baltimore Album Quilt I started months ago and don't want to be rushed. I have my own projects I want to finish and also work full time. I don't quilt for others either; so I vow that I will tell these family members that if they want something quilted for Christmas next year, I need it this January!!!!! :)

I am up to 8 and had another call which I had to tell her no before the holidays and the last 3 aren't guaranteed to be done.

I am so glad to have the quilting it will really help this year but I can only get so many done. Most are family friends and they are less understanding than the rest. I am so excited I'm doing my first wholecloth for a baptism it's really small but I think it's turning out really nice. I can't wait to do the angel quilt for my daughter who's expecting her first little one. Well have to get back to quilting.

3 left (2) for customer and 1 KS for my daughters for christmas, this is a turniing 20 in jeweltone batiks and I am going to do meadering squares in squares should go fast. Then I will be off 2 weeks at christmas and new year, will need to finish 3 quilts for our Guild show in April. The tops are done on 2 and my daughters comes out well, I will enter hers.

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Darn, I got 11 and still got people trying to drop off. Finished one today that got dropped off October 29th. Some are small baby quilts and will be just an edge to edge, so they will be simple. Just got to get to them. I never thought I'd have a 3 weeks waiting time, but I guess it's Christmas time. I am dying to sew a quilt for myself, but it's hard when you got customer quilts :(

Archived