Looks like we are relocating.....

How exciting!  Are you happy with the move?  I've relocated a few times, so know all about it...but I love the adventure of a new city!   Wish I could say I live there so that you would have a connection there...but I'm sure you'll meet many new quilters.    

Thanks everyone, we are retired military and have moved many times however we retired 10 years ago and thought we would be here forever...not excited about moving away from my girls and grand babies but guess we have to do what we have to do...maybe we can get them all to move out there...I'll check out Stitchin Heaven...:)

Vicki, I do not live in Dallas but do know the Dallas guild is active.  Linda Taylor is near Dallas, McKinney, TX (I think her daughter runs this shop, not sure about that though) and has a new shop opening near Houston.  I am in the San Antonio area so not sure of the shops but I searched Dallas quilt shops and several came up.  Hope your move goes well and welcome to Texas.  Judi

Im in red oak, about 25 miles south of Dallas. Sew Fun Quilting, Connie Keller, in Lewisville, just north of dallas is my dealer. Connie is inside of Quilt Country quilt store. She helped me set up my Millie last week and we'll be getting back together to set up Quilt Path really soon. welcome to Texas! :-)

Wow Vicki,  it will be tough to move away from family. And, as Heidi said,  I'm sad you will be moving further away from us. I'm sorry we never got to Williamsburg!

Thank heavens you will have the quilting network to get you connected in your new location.  Good luck with the house search etc.

Lots of quilters in Texas. I was in Dallas a couple of years ago and found some nice quilt shops in the area. Virginia to Texas is a big change and Dallas is a BIG city. If you have never lived in Texas before be prepared that Texas's have a much stronger state identity than most of us. But really nice, friendly people. Hope you are a football fan - it's the state religion!

I have family in Texas and went to 2 great shops while I was there. Blue Ribbon quilt shop is in Wylie, Tx., and Happiness is Quiting is in McKinney. I'm sure you will like them both and find many more. The town of McKinney is a great place also. Lots of really cool shops and restaurants. Were planning a trip to tx. in fall and look forward to going to shopping. Hope your move goes well.

Hi Vickie...

You're such a sweetheart you'll have no trouble making new friends!

But I'm sorry you'll be missing your grands.

My sister is in VT and her only grandchild is in the San Francisco area.

The world is a lot smaller than it used to be...planes, trains and cars.

You'll have to watch the fares on the Internet like she does.

It's an adventure...maybe you'll really like it!

I'm praying for you.

I live in Lewisville, Vicki! Yes, Quilt Country in Lewisville is a great shop. The APQS dealer in the area, Connie, works out of the shop and she is wonderful!!! There are also several others that have LA machines in the shop itself. There are many other quilt stores in the area suburbs. McKinney, Arlington, Dallas proper...the list goes on and on. I am happy to drag you to each and every one..... Lol. There are also guilds in most of the burbs. I don't have a guild yet, but have been meaning to try some out to see if I can find a fit. I think you will find a wonderful group of quilters here once you start looking around. :) Good luck with the move! If you would like to get in touch please message me and I can give you my personal email.

Sharon

Vicki, I'm in frisco, just north of dallas and east of lewisville.  quilt country is one of my favorites, so is quilt asylum in McKinney, and if you love batiks, you will love love love fabric fanatics in plano - i swear they have every batik ever made and their prices are incredible.  

Plano has a show each year in august, and dallas has a show each year in march.  

good luck with your move!

Just one more comment, you have probably heard everything is big in Texas. Quilting is the biggest and wonderful. I have lived in Austin for 12 years. What a bunch of wonderful people the quilters are down here. I moved from Indiana in 2000. Havent had time to think back.

You will love quilting in Texas!

Archived