Making the Best of the Holidays

First off I'd like to aplogize for my absence the past couple of weeks.  I will try to get online as much as I can in the near future.

It has been a hard and an emotional couple of weeks.  On November 20th my Uncle (Mother's Brother) past away from a blood clot in his brain.  On the 18th my Father had an accident and broke his leg about 6 inches below the hip.  While in the Hospital being treated for his leg we learned that he has stage four Cancer with just a few months to live.  So the Family and I are going to try to make this the best Holiday Season we can.  Tomorrow the Hospital is allowing us to bring and have our Thanksgiving Dinner there in a private room with my Father.  We are hoping he will be able to come home for Christmas.

My Holiday wish is that Everyone cherishes the time they have with their Loved Ones this Holiday Season!!!

I am so sorry for all you have been going through. My prayer for you and yours is that you all have peace and comfort in the midst of this storm and that you all draw closer together and to God, that your Dad is pain free  and blessed with an abundance of time so as to confound even his Drs., in Jesus name.

God bless your holiday season.

Liam,

A very good message for everyone.  Never fail to tell the people you love, that you cherish them.  Life is short and we never know when it's our time.  Your father must be a special person to not want to burden anyone when he obviously wasn't feeling well.  Wishing you and your family comfort during this difficult time.

I have missed you on the forum, Liam. So sorry to hear about your uncle, and the poor prognosis for your Dad.  I hope you will find peace in the time remaining.  I know you will spend it wisely.  No words can ever ease your pain, by the hearts of many are going out to you at this time.

Liam, you must be devastated, and I'm so sad and sorry you have to go through all this, especially at holiday time,

though that may work out best for you and yours.

Prayers for strength for you and the family, and healing an peace of mind for the leg your Dad broke, may he be

relaxed through it all. 

I just can't find words to say what is in my heart.. the Lord knows and will bless you with the calm and peace I

wish for you all.

Talk With your Dad of things he remembers, by starting with something you remember from your childhood.. good memories can be built on that, too.  Know more about the elders.  LOL, Listen to Mama Rita, here.

Peace, calm, understanding and acceptance may be yours through the rest of your Dads life.

Sorry for the death of your Uncle, too.

Rita

Thank You for all the Wonderful Comments, Thoughts and Prayers!!! I truely appreciate all of them!!! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with my Father and the rest of the Family. It has been years since all three of us boys and our families have gotten together for Thanksgiving. There was plenty of food, as well as plenty of laughter throughout the day. We all decided to put the sadness and sorrow a side for the day, atleast until we all returned home.

I have to cut this short, heading up to spend the day with my Father; I just wanted to stop in and tell all of you THANK YOU!!!

Archived