It was really fun to work on this quilt. I tried a few new things and really got to play. I used the "Windy Leaves" border panto to fill in the large area of leaves and freehanded the feathers in the borders.

The customer absolutely loved it. She has written her own orginal poem for her father and is having it wriiten out in calligraphy and will be attaching it to the back. She is also going to put a pocket on the back and have all her family write letters for her father and place them inside for him to read.

It's always fun to be a part of something as wonderfull as this. I really do have the coolest job in the world!!

Laura

I just keep thinking about this 90 year old father (Patriarch) and how he will be overwhelmed by the beautiful heartfelt gift his family is giving him, with all the special touches like the calligraphy label and letters in the attached fabric pocket. What an honor, Laura, that you got to be part of creating this beautiful gift ---HAND MADE FROM THE HEART--- the tree and outer leaves surrounding it symbolizes so much about the family bond, and this quilt as a whole represents respect and honor for our elders. It will surely be a cherished family heirloom for many generations. The power of family love is extraordinary.

Wow.

Laura you did a fantastic job on this one of a kind heirloom quilt. WOW!!! it is beautiful!!! Did you use Renae's Rays to get your lines so straight or just mark them? I love the CC you used and your feathers are great. This is really going to stay in the family for a very long time and you sure made this one sing. Great job!!

Renae

Thank-you all for your kind words. I really enjoyed working on this quilt and the meaning behind it made it extra special.

Shana~ you really summed this one up. thanks for putting that into words.

Renae~ I did not use the rays for marking, I did it the hard way~ I used the longer Hartley straight rule and just went for it. It's a bit archaic(sp?) but that's how I do it.

thank-you all again.

Laura

Archived