does this look okay? (finished w/pics)

Shannon,

I love your design work and execution in this detail shot. The only other photos I saw were the design photo and the galloping horse view on the original post.

Did you take some photos out? I wondered about the feathers that everybody was raving about but I could not even tell that the first photo had any quilting on it at all. Is my monitor going bad? I even looked on your blog for photos. Don't get me wrong, I love this detail shot. Great work.

Shannon, based on your original message, I'm assuming you don't stitch everything that has one color and then go back and fill in with another, repeat ad nauseum? You change as you're going? Is this your personal choice, or do you think its the better way to work?

Do you have the spool mounts on the front of your machine, or are you going back and forth...alot??? ;)

I absolutely LOVE how this quilt turned out. The feathers surrounding the star frame it and make it really shine. You did a terrific job! I hope your client is paying you a bundle!!:D

Linda, no worries. Your monitor is fine. The quilting in the first picture is imaginary only;)

i haven't had the chance to post to my blog yet, patience grasshoppers. i had to get permission from my customer...

ramona- i did take the orginal posting's photo out and put a picture of the whole quilt. sorry to confuse.

dory- when i quilt a quilt like this i'm so paranoid of puckers/pleats on the backing that i quilt all areas in one pass a color at a time. so the first pass, i quilted all the navy areas. then i changed thread to the gold i used in the circle stars, then i changed to burgundy and quilted all areas that color. then advance the quilt and do the next pass. and no i dont have the front cone holder, i walk around the machine everytime....hey, it's the only exercise i get :D

here's a picture of all the thread tails from this quilt:

post--13461901651383_thumb.jpg

thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone!

jolene- i have had quilts in a local guild show and won some ribbons. i'm working my nerve up to enter some national shows. i had a customer quilt place second at the NQA show last fall in ohio. my goal is to have one in a national show within the next year. i have some ideas i'm playing with/working on. but honestly, i'm content where i am right now. i still have some PPP to do to get to where I want to be as a long armer. so for right now, i'm 'practicing' on customer quilts. :)

Archived