see i do E2Ees

i thought i'd post pics of the quilt i just finished. it's an E2E with my orginal pattern i call cotton candy. it was a nice break seeing as i have done so many customs in a row. and i forgot how nice it is to finish a quilt the same day you start it!

post--13461901908607_thumb.jpg

Kinda looks like the 3's and E's. Cool looking on this quilt. I agree with Bonnie. Very airy and looks terrific.

I am working on a guild challenge quilt with tons of micro stitching. Yuck. I am trying to do a faux trapunto. I never should have talked myself into it. It is my own quilt...but still! I had to try to do something off the wall on this quilt. I am going to go bonkers!

I am going to need an all-over something when I get done with this one! Massage...probably. Or at the very least...an easy quilt to let myself relax.

thanks ya'll. just got back from the lake. late afternoon/evening fishing excursion. got two in the live well (i don't eat fish- but the neighbors do) we would of gotten 5 or 6, but they were so big (hybrids and strippers) they keep breaking the line (and stealing our lures) we're going to give it another go tomorrow (after a trip to bass pro for more lures) now that we know were they are...here fishy fishy! :cool:

sylvia, love, it's not a panto.

thanks for the comments!

it is free hand/free motion. everything i do is free hand. i have no patterns to follow and i own no pantos.

abigail- i used maxi-lock's varigated thread called tye dye punch. it is purple, turq, fuschia, and lime green. it's my go to thread for batiks.

how do you take a design and make it a panto? i wouldn't even to know where to start.

post--1346190191122_thumb.jpg

Shannon,

About the Maxi-Lock thread you mentioned......... I have a spool of Maxi-Lock Swirls, which says it's serger thread. (variegated) Is this the same type you used or is yours a different Maxi-lock??

I love your freehand design, it's similar to the 3's & E's , & you should look into making it into a panto. Thanks for all the sharing you do, love your style and generous heart.

Valerie

Shannon...you can get with Patricia Ritter at Urbanelementz. She can take your design and make it into a repeatable pantograph for you. Give her a try. I don't know if you would get the full credit for it, but she is certainly capable of reproducing it. I would start with her and see where she leads you.

Hope it helps. I like my Maxilock Swirls for some of my quilts too. Great choice.

Archived