Quilt Talk's Latest Edition Discusses Safe Ruler Use

In the wake of a busy spring show season, many quilters have new gadgets and templates to explore:

Quilt Talk: Ruling the World

Learn how to use them accurately and safely, plus discover a secret about your Millennium, Freedom SR or Liberty that could speed up your ruler work immensely!

As always, let me know about topics you'd like me to address.

Happy Quilting!

Dawn, you out-did yourself again. This article is excellent. Thanks for all of the MANY great tips! And, I agree with you that Hint #5 is the best one of all. I use this all the time with my ruler... (if I recall correctly, Debbi Treusch provided this tip on the chat about a year ago??) I have been using it ever since. Thanks Dawn. Thanks Deb.

Great article, and just when I need it! I put a cheater panel on this afternoon to use for ppp, put the extended base on and got out my new Itty Bitty ruler to try for the first time. It is a great little ruler, as many on the forum have said. Dawn's Hint #5 is a real help. I don't think I made it to Exercise 11 when I got my Millie because I didn't know about this one :P:P Thanks, Dawn, for a great article and for the help that you provide to us.

Excellent article!!!

I did know about #5 and I'm sure it was on this forum where I picked up that tip.

I usually try to stop the motor with the needle in the down position so things don't shift around when I'm adjusting my ruler. ;)

Thanks, Dawn!!!

I had forgotten all about Hint #5...probably because when I learned of it was at Darlene Epp's beginner class. I was already so overloaded, I don't think anything else would have fit in my pea brain:D

Thanks for the reminder; now I want to try it!!

Archived