Standing Room Only (Penguins)

I just finished this one. I took the class for this Carol Morissey pattern at our LQS, the CraZy 9 Patch.

It is a big (or several small) black appliques onto a white background. Of course, you have to throw in some beaks, breasts and feet. Since I am not known for my needle-turn applique skills, I used slapilique, you know the Steam-a-Seam stuff to glue it to the background.

Most of the other gals in the class did the same. I have 3 to quilt plus mine. I ghosted in a penguin in the top right. It was really fun to quilt even though it was a bit of a challenge on this one; Fairy frost black, then S-a-S, then more Fairy Frost (white), Warm and white batt and a wide back batik that was stiff as a board. The back has many "puncture wounds". LOL.

More photos on my blogs. Cruise on over and take a look and make a comment.

post--13461901993476_thumb.jpg

I have a kit to make the Standing Room Only. My plan is to make it as a graduation gift for my niece when she gets her PhD. I think she is getting close so I had better start it soon. I love Carol Morissey's designs. I did her Clown School one last year.

Pamela

Love your Penquins! I would do the slapique too!---I would get lost doing regular applique layering Penquins! :D

I was wondering why we hadn't seen you on here recently. Now, I see why, and your keeping busy...got your emails, will get back to you there.

Archived