2nd place Viewer's Choice at our local quilt show

I am so excited I can scream. :P

Today a friend wanted me to know that she tallied the votes from the show this past weekend for Viewer's Choice...and that my Black/Fuschia Challenge Quilt took 2nd place Viewer's Choice at the show.

How extra special too as I am no longer going to be a member of the local guild here. There have been enough negative words come my way, that I have had enough. I decided the night before the show that I was not going back to this guild after the show ended. And, yesterday, I grabbed all of my quilts and walked out quietly.:)

I love that my quilt and quilting are being recognized by people. The saying in this particular quilt really caught everyone's attention I guess. I heard there was much chatter about it at the show.

post--13461902113789_thumb.jpg

Hi Kristina, friend,

I am happy that your beautiful fuschia quilt was recognized in this way, and I am sad to learn that your fellow guild members are negative. That's not a good (or healthy) culture to be amongst Isn't quilting supposed to be fun and supportive? I can't stand when women like this get nit-picky and bickering. I would be out of there, too. So, good for you for holding your head high. Time to move on. Heck, you could start your own guild with all those quilting kiddos of yours! :P;) (((hugs)))

There is a guild in my town that has 200+ members but... ugh! No... I hear there is a lot of cliques in that guild. Not my cuppa cuppa... know what I mean jelly bean?

I belong to a guild that is nearly 100 miles away from me. Why? Because I love those ladies. It's a small guild and everyone is wonderful and warm. They are my family.

Shana

I actually am going to continue quilting on my own and try to meet once a month with about 4 other ladies who have left the guild. We are going to sew WHAT we want, WHEN we want, and WITH WHOM we want. AND my kids are welcome too. I feel free in my quilting for the first time in a LONG time.

I love that my quilt was recognized too. The quilt that took 1st Place Viewer's choice was not hung last year, as a few ladies refused to hang it. She is 80 and is going blind. I hung it this year for her! I am very pleased that she too was recognized by the community for her talents. :D

Thanks for the support. I have many friends on this forum who encourage and hold each other up!

Congratulations Kristina! So nice to have your efforts recognized. Awesome quilting, and I love the colors in your fuchsia quilt. Pop!pop!

I left my guild as well two years ago. I sew and quilt with a small group of wonderful friends, and go to a great quilt retreat twice year not far from our home. I have belonged to a guild since I started my interest in quilting. At first it was kinda hard to leave, but lack of communication and appreciation (I ran the guild website for several years) plus donated a lot of time. I still officially "belong" but, I rarely go to meetings unless there is an outstanding teacher coming to speak.

I must say it is probably the best thing I ever did for my quilting, and my sanity too. :) I was spending way too much time not quilting. Attending boring board meetings and just not having fun in general. Guilds are supposed to be fun! ---right. Much, much more fun staying home and creating! :)

Congratulations Kristna!!!

Since I moved to Canton, Ohio I found that the guilds around here have waiting lists. About 2 to 3 years. Also they only meet during working hours. How is a gal that works as the breadwinner suppose to join a guild that operates during working hours??? :o

I consider this forum to be my quilt guild family. I just participated in the fall block swap. And just think no board meetings with this group. Just friends, sharing , helping and positive words....:)

Your quilt is awesome. I love the colors.

Hoooo--ray Kristina!!:cool: (that's you!)

The quilt deserved the recognition--and viewer's choice wonderfully validates the connection with other quilters. They get you and your message, girl!!

As for the stuffy/controlling/nasty guild--pphhhttt to them!:P

Congratulations Kristina!! Your quilt is fantastic, the saying is beautiful!

I've never joined a guild, I sew by myself mostly. Maybe twice a year I go to a local shop and sew for a day as the ladies are fun to be with. The local shops have been my greatest feedback and support. They have taken me from how to sew a 1/4 inseam to" Hurray" for getting a long arm. I'm looking forward to a long and fun association with this forum of fabulous quilters!! I've never entered a quilt in the fair or the local quilting events.

Archived