Thank you to everyone

Just want to say a big thank you to all for the time you spend posting your help, your ideas, your support. I am a new quilter, new to this site and the proud and very grateful owner of a used Milli. I did not know how to do anything with her until this site. I have read everything from threads, tensions, how to frame a quilt, batting right side up, how to panto, right to floating a top. I am thrilled to own a Milli, even though she currently sits idle. (We are in the middle of harvest so quilting is on hold.) I have only stippled two small quilts but look forward to lots more this winter. Thanks to all your help I have learned so much (and yet still know so little.) I look so forward to quilting and learning more. Just received Darlene's "Pocket Guides" so any time spent waiting in the field will go quickly! :cool: Thanks again to all. Keep up the awesome work. Happy quilting

Hi Margaret;

Welcome to the forum! You are in for a great adventure as you learn first hand all things that you have read about. I have Darlene's pocket guides too, they are simply the best! I just got my Millie a year and a half ago and it has taken my quilting to a whole new level. Quilts are actually getting quilted after they are pieced.

All the best to you, and happy harvesting. Helen

Margaret, I'm so happy for you... you have learned a wealth of info and there will be more coming.. seems there always isl.

Suggestions.. with 2 layers of muslin and batting, practice Practice PRACTICE, and then start over. Save your first effort of straight lines, circles, leaves, meandering, minimeandering, etc.. for reference.. even try a couple feathers or ferns or seaweed, etc.

Then PPP more and PPP more, compare last to first, PPP until you can do several reasonably well.

Don't get discouraged.. I use to do real well, then was on meds that affected me, and couldn't do much worth the quilt fabric, now off the meds, I think I'm improving a lot, though it's almost starting over.

If you have a question about the use of the machine here is the place to ask. If it is an electrical or mechanical problem, call APQS they give great help, though we also have several qualified repairmen and women here on this site.

Hope you get as much help as I have, more if you need it.

Good Luck , RitaR

Welcome and congratulations on your new addition to your family, not just your machine but a whole lot of new sisters and brothers. One piece of advice I still have to remind myself is not to put a death grip on your handles. This usually happens when you are not breathing. Oh yes and be sure to stop to eat and buy a crock pot so you don't have to stop to cook or so your family doesn't starve.:P

Hope you are having a great harvest. what is your crop?

be sure to share all your adventures.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and words of encouragement. We're located in Manitoba, Canada. We grow mainly wheat and canola (used to be hog farmers for many many years but that is no longer, and that is ok). The weather has been just gorgeous for the past couple of weeks. Considering that it was such a cold summer and forecasts of frost for early August (which would have been devastating) we are so very thankful that we are harvesting a good crop. Hope all you out there who farm are having a good year.

Thanks to everyone's helpful posts I am so anxious to do some serious stitching.

Happy quilting and have a great day

ps I do have a crock pot but my men hate it, at least with beef so will try chicken!!!!!

Margaret,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new machine. May it bring you ever so much joy!

Like you, I need to echo my thanks to the forum. I learn so much reading current and old posts. I like the supportive atmosphere and the willingness to share/teach/explore. I still have soooooo much to learn, but I feel safe asking questions here.

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived