I got a NEW toy

I was not wanting to pay so much for an embroidery machine that had only one thread at a time to sew with..but after seeing the prices of them...I went with something a little larger...When I buy I buy more than I think I might use..as so not to slap myself in the face later and say "why didn't I wait and but that one".

I am having a ball with it making blocks to piece for quilts and also labels for quilts.

post--13461902677225_thumb.jpg

Congrats Qfairy, a great new toy for sure...they are such great fun when they work correctly and you have a good service plan.

I didn't buy a new 12 needle, but a used one and its been the biggest boat anchor in my life. I can't even step away from it. I wish I had some help in getting it set perfect, but service is NILL and because I bought it used I can only talk to those in Texas...great deal that is, I live in New York. I do love it when it works, but more times than not I am standing right there and restarting after 30 stitches or so. I have played with tensions and needles and everything else I can think of, and it just won't work like I think it should. SOME day I will find a service person who can help me, but till then... pitty me.

I am so kicking myself that I sold my two single needle machines. I could get WAY more done than with this thing.

Wow, that is nice! My DH uses two PR600s for his projects. What brand is that one??

Bonnie, I wish you were closer; maybe he could help you figure yours out. A friend came up from Paradise and got his machines going perfectly! We'd love to "pay it forward."

Originally posted by DoryJM

Wow, that is nice! My DH uses two PR600s for his projects. What brand is that one??

Bonnie, I wish you were closer; maybe he could help you figure yours out. A friend came up from Paradise and got his machines going perfectly! We'd love to "pay it forward."

Dory's PR600's are Brother 6 needle machines. Did he get them from Mikey?

I wish he was closer as well, mine is an older Toyota 12 needle model 950 or 960 need to downstairs to check for sure. Its never worked right, but its getting worse with each use.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AHhhhhhh ..... what's that? :)

I'm very impressed! I do understand you so well :) I often think the same way, buy the best with all possibilities and so you will not regret later .... But this time I listen to my reason and my bank account and I have just ordered a one needle domestic embroidery machine. Only for little embroidery blocks and my labels. Now when I see yours I regret .... :D:) It's fantastic!

I agree impressive. I just purchased my second Brother 6 needle machine. It's their new PR-650, should be here this week. I love doing embroidery "almost" as much as quilting.

I love making my "quilt labels" using the picture frame designs from embroidery library.

Archived