This Quilting Lark is Dangerous!

Thought the most dangerous thing one could do was slice off a finger with the rotary cutter (part done that).

Oh no, yesterday afternoon and evening was spent in A&E after falling off my storage mezzanine level in my studio, 7 - 8ft high. I was stepping onto the lean to libray style ladder when it slipped away. Ladder fell to the ground and I fell on top of it, ouch. Fortunately, I didn't land directly on my spine but on my left buttock and hand in a kind of sitting position. Luckily my husband was there at the time, as often I am in there for hours and an England game was just about to start on the TV so I could have been laying there for hours.

Miraculously the x-rays revealed no broken bones in my pelvis or hand but am now on crutches unable to weight bear and in a fair bit of pain. Darn it I have so much to do.

Us quilters are made of tough stuff, not much will deter us but note to self. BE MORE CAREFUL.

Chris, I thank our Good Lord that you weren't much more seriously and painfully hurt. I've had a few bad ones myself. LOL, one right in front of the Alamo. I just hope you feel better real soon, and get rid of those dastardly crutches. They cause more trouble than help for me.

Do get well, and I really am sorry you were hurt, and so glad it wasn't worse.

RitaR

Ouch!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Oh No! I am so sorry! That was horrifying, I am sure of it! You are very fortunate not to have broken bones.

I am glad you will be OK; most likely you are bruised but will be OK and moving around again in a week or so.

Maybe during this week while immobile, you can spend more time hugging grandbaby. See? There is always a silver lining in the cloud.

Chris, Take care ((hugs))

Chris,

So sorry to hear about your accident. It is painful falling off ladders. It is my favourite trick also. The first time I did it the wallpapering table cushioned my fall. I am not allowed to wallpaper now. Second time I was getting down from the scaffolding platform onto the steps ladders (I'd been painting a 12ft high ceiling) missed my footing, knocked over the step ladders on the the newly tiled fire hearth (smashed a tile), fell off the scaffolding, guess what DH was most concerned about. I am still allowed to paint!!! DH doesn't like painting. Latest episode I was cleaning another ceiling (only 10ft High) before painting, I over stretched, ladders went one way (thru the upstairs window) and I thank goodness went the other.

I escaped all these with a few scratches and some cracking rear end bruising.:D:D

My DH note to me "Don't go up the ladders if I am not in the house"

Mine is "We are getting a man in to do the painting"

Get well soon

Tracy G

Archived