Mr margies silence

Mr Margie has been a bit busy, what with trips to Palacios Tx and Islamorada Fl hauling fish, but his most recent was when he went on a little "trip" at his "regular job" of installing cabinets. Required 20 stitches. He drove himself 25 min from job site in Spfd to the doctor's office in Rogersville, in spite of the fact that he had a "semi-clean" napkin to one side of his face and his nose was swelling making it difficult to see out of his one eye. He is recovering nicely, and scarring should not be toooooo bad.

post--13461902993668_thumb.jpg

Man didn't anyone send you the warning labels for cabinet installation.... WHAT a headache you must have had, and its to bad that MSDS sheets don't come with installation papers.

Hope they gave you good drugs for a couple of days...and Margie...kiss the booboo for me....

OMG! That is awful! I am so sorry! I can't believe he drove himself to the hospital like this. Bless his heart! Poor guy!

Margie, actually, he should change the story for the grand kids. Perhaps instead of saying he got injured while installing a cabinet, he should say he was protecting a little old lady from getting her kitty cat stolen away from four bad guys on the street. He punched them all out and did karate chops and stuff. All four bad guys are in jail and now grand dad is a hero. :)

Anyway, he looks like a total bad ass with that scar. Dude. Play it up! Oh, and get well soon. Let Mrs. Margie pamper you. Take care of yourself.

I guess I should give the details, although our kids say he need to embellish. He had his arms loaded with tools and a cord came undone and got tangled in his legs, and he fell and hit a brick threshold going in to the house. Rather than drop his tools to catch himself....... I told him he could have gone and bought new ones for what he is going to spend on his doctor visit.

Our 4 yr old GD said "Poppop, why did you cut yourself w/ a knife", even after he re-explained that he tripped and fell, she said "But poppop, why did you cut yourself with a knife?"

The dr provided him with samples of Advil and ibuprofen, but that was it. She did tell him that she was taking little stitches, but that it would leave a scar, he exclaimed "What?!?"

He was pretty down for a few days, but you just can't keep a tough guy like him down for long.

Thanks for all the kind words and giggles, he has been abused around here too.

ps. MB, he has you long beat in that category I am afraid, too many to start here.......

OUCH! That's a nasty one! I showed the picture to DH and he said, "You never know when the ground is going to jump up and bite you, especially in these hills. Then I told him the rest of the story. :o You can always say, "....yeah, but you should see the other guy!" :P Sure hope you mend quickly.

That looks soooo bad, I hope it mends nicely.

Shana, you make me laugh when you talk about making up a good story....My father tripped one day on his way home from his club, he had his hands in his pockets so wasn't able to break his fall with anything except his face. He told all his friends he got kicked by a table-dancer.

Archived