kristina needs your support

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. Sven looks like he will be dismissed tomorrow if all still continues on this positive track.

He was able to practice giving injections again...and this time chose Madeline, his older sister to be the patient. Well, actually she offered. She was curious what the shot felt like. Now she knows! Just a little push she said.

post--13461903829509_thumb.jpg

I also wanted to send a closeup of my little trooper. He cried a little last night with Daddy. He is a bit scared...but knows that the Lord can do anything. He will take care of him and allow Sven to learn all that there is about this disease.

Notice the color of his lips. He kept telling us he had lipstick on! :D Such a better color than pale don't ya think?!

post--13461903829892_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear things are going better. You and your family have been in my prayers. In Phil. 4:13 , Paul says "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. It is amazing that if we truly remain focused on serving God, He gives us the strength we need to get through the trials of life.

Guest Linda S

Kristina - your beautiful child and your family are in my prayers. Thank goodness diabetes is a manageable disease. God bless you all.

Linda

Kristina

I am so happy to read that Sven is coming along and will be coming home soon. I will continue to lift him up to our wonderful Lord and Savior and pray that he will comfort and hold all of your family very close to himself!! You have a wonderful family to be so supportive of their brother as to take the shots to help him learn. Continued blessings to you all.

WE ARE HOME!!

Sven's Endocrinologist called to see how things are going. Looks like we will be making some adjustments to his insulin regiment...but other than that...things are looking good!

We are so happy to all be reunited again. :) What an exhausting, scary week. :(

Thanks everyone...we will be posting again to let everyone know how he continues to improve.

Kristina,

I remember when my only grandchild was diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome. To say I was distraught would be an understatement :(

That was 11 years ago and we have all survived quite well. He is a handsome, popular and extremely bright young man of 16 that just happens to have Tourettes. He does not let it define him because my daughter has never let it be an excuse for anything. There have been many times she had to hide in her room to cry but she never let him see it. His neurologist said he had never seen such a well adjusted 16 year old, let alone one that has a pretty severe level of Tourettes.

I know you will help your son be strong and independant. (even if you have to cry in your room :) )

Archived