one year ago.....

...i smoked my last cigarette. today is my 1 year anniversary of being smoke free!! it all started from going to the doctor to have my migraines checked out and he had my blood work done, and when i went back he told me, "you are disgustingly healthy" everytime i smoked after that, i just saw all that bad stuff going into my body.

my granny always told me i was stubborn in my own way, once i made my mind up, that was it.well, last year i made my mind up to stop and i did, cold turkey...

i know that a smoking quilter is so taboo (i never! smoked in the house) and i'm not really advertising it locally, but i wanted to share my good news....

it's also lucky's 11th birthday.:P

Wow, that's fabulous, Doodlebug. My mother smoked for 50 some years and she tried to quit about 5 to 10 times. She tried so hard and just couldn't do it. So I'm always impressed to hear a success story like yours. So happy to hear you are disgustingly healthy! LOL! Happy B'Day to Lucky too! It's your lucky day...........sorry, I just couldn't resist! :D

Congratulations!! I am happy you've chosen to take care of your body! My mom smoked since she was 16 and she died last August at 80 3/4. Smoking controlled her life. As kids, both mom and dad smoked everywhere and my sis and I always talk about how we must have stunk in school. She never wanted to quit even though the drs told her to and when she went to the hospital the dr sent her home with 3 weeks to live and she wanted to go in for kidney dialasis so she could live longer. I wish she would have realized how precious life was and how badly we wanted her around longer 50 years ago when they started telling her to quit smoking and take better care of herself. Now all I have is the cemetary. I am very proud of you!!

Archived