How High Do I Go?????????

Yes I can see why it would need to be higher when doing pantos, mine is perfect height for pantos (the lowest height it will go) but needs to be lower than it goes really for work at the front.

I am really 4 foot 10 and 1/2 I forgot to mention the extra 1/2" before !!! My boys call me "Midget Mum" (with affection of course !!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

I have hydraulics and still generally keep my machine around boob height (yes, with bra on). Actually, I generally quilt with my bra on, as I'm afraid the boobs might just roll in with the quilt sandwich when I advance the quilt. Old age and substantial weight loss sometimes is not pretty! ;) They hyrdraulics are da bomb! Sometimes just raising or lowering the machine by an inch can let you quilt for a few more hours. I love mine.

I have my machine set about as high as it will go. Had my hubby raise it last year as my back really hurt when I was quilting. I can really see the quilting so much better up close and personal. I only use about 10-12 inches quilting space now, but it really is better for me.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Just praying it isn't an outie!!!!:P:P:P:P:P:P

I'm not tellin' !!!!!! And if you really want to know, you have to come see for your self (I will show you) ;)

And never in the world did I think my question about table heights would turn into a conversation about saggy boobs and mishapen outie belly buttons. We are truly a sick and twisted group of quilters! :P

Originally posted by Linda S

I have hydraulics and still generally keep my machine around boob height (yes, with bra on). Actually, I generally quilt with my bra on, as I'm afraid the boobs might just roll in with the quilt sandwich when I advance the quilt. Old age and substantial weight loss sometimes is not pretty! ;) [/quote

Ouchie!!!

ROFLMBO!!!!!!

I would think that although it is called a belly bar, it's an approximation as when working it shouldn't be set so high that your shoulders are hunched causing shoulder and neck fatigue or set so low to cause bending and lower back fatigue.

We all have different proportions related to our 'bellies' that I think shoulder/elbows/back are a better indication of best ergonomic working height.

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

I'm not tellin' !!!!!! And if you really want to know, you have to come see for your self (I will show you) ;)

And never in the world did I think my question about table heights would turn into a conversation about saggy boobs and mishapen outie belly buttons. We are truly a sick and twisted group of quilters! :P

Hey at least we know to have a good time droopy boobs, outies and all!

Originally posted by Ferret

I would say a bra is protective clothing when quilting. Those pins are SHARP!

Ferret

I think sometimes we need steel bras for protection from those pins...maybe bras made out of funnels???:P:P:P

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Hey at least we know to have a good time droopy boobs, outies and all!

Give me sick and twisted over boring any day of the week!

Hi Ladies.

I asked Mark that very question and he said the front bar should be between your belly button and your bra line. You have to find the right spot for you with in that range. I have a Liberty, and with sneakers on, mine is at my belly button.

You may want it on the high side if you do mostly pantos or CL designs from the back of the machine.

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

NJ

Archived