My Mom-NQR

Hi Everyone!! This has been a really difficult day. My Mom had Alzheimer's and passed away this evening. She has been in and out of a coma since Thursday. The Hospice nurse said at about 3 pm that she thought it would be a couple hours. She was off by an hour---Mom passed at 6:10!! I couldn't believe she was so accurate. It is very sad that she is gone but she's been gone from us for months already and now she isn't confused or frustrated and my Dad can start to heal. We were all there with her all afternoon. She was a teriffic Mom.

Deb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!! This has been a really difficult day. My Mom had Alzheimer's and passed away this evening. She has been in and out of a coma since Thursday. The Hospice nurse said at about 3 pm that she thought it would be a couple hours. She was off by an hour---Mom passed at 6:10!! I couldn't believe she was so accurate. It is very sad that she is gone but she's been gone from us for months already and now she isn't confused or frustrated and my Dad can start to heal. We were all there with her all afternoon. She was a teriffic Mom.

Deb

Debbie, my mom passed on August 31, 2009, almost a year now but I still miss her so much. The dr said 2 to 3 weeks and she hit 18 days. Pretty accurate. You take care and know that there are people who care about you. If you were close I'd give you a big hug.

Carreen

So sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad to Alzheimer's a little over 2 years ago. Those Hospice nurses are amazing in their care and how close they can call the impending death. They are truly special people.

I sure hope they find a cure or prevention for Alzheimer's soon. Such a horrid disease. My Dad was healthy as could be, but his mind was gone. So sad. :(

Huge hugs to your and your family as you go through the next few weeks of healing. Loosing a mother isn't easy for sure, I lost mine almost 24 years ago, I don't reach for the phone as often now to ask her a question, but still catch myself once in awhile.

Archived