Quilt for my Eldest Son

I have at last finished this quilt for my eldest son. He is very interested in Japan, so I bought lots of Asian themed fabric to make him a quilt

The pictures are not great as I could not find a place to lay it out flat. it measure approx 90" X 100" I will have to try and get my sons to hold it up for me to get a full picture.

It is not prefect, but he likes it, so that is the main thing

I used Quilters Dream orient Bamboo for the wadding. It has a lovely feel to it, but I would not use it again especially with black fabric. I have used a full roll of masking tape to get the fluff of the front of the quilt, still have the back to do :(

IMG_3322.JPG"

IMG_3324.JPG"

IMG_3325.JPG"

IMG_3326.JPG"

Oh Kathy

Wow, wow, wow, I am in love with this quilt and the timing is so perfect for it as I am about to put together an oriental quilt for my son and daughter in law. Can I ask your permission to use some of your design layout to do my son's quilt. You know borrowing anothers idea is the highest form of flattery :) I have collected about 15 or so fat quarters so far. what size did you make those largest blocks.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your kind words.!!

Jeanne Of course you can, because of the large pieces, I sort of made it up as I went. Putting it together was a bit like a jigsaw. If I did this again I would probably quilt it with an all over. I tried to use differnet quilting in each block, but as it is so busy you really cannot see the quilting.

I ended up trimming the largest pieces to approx 20".

Looking forward to seeing your's when it is done.

Kathy

thank you so much, I just love the way you set yours and I am sure mine will not be exactly the same either and I was thinking that quilting in an all over swirl would work great as I think you may be right the quilting will not show up too much execpt maybe in the black. Can't wait to show my son and DIL, they will just love it.

Kath, you are a dark horse, kept that one quiet.....but hey what a surprise for us to see, it's so beautiful!

I love anything oriental and the black just sets off all of those wonderful colours.....love it!

Update, Came back for another look and I'm putting this in my favorites coz I've remembered an oriental panel piece in my stash, couldn't think what to do with it.......this is wonderful inspiration Kath!

Archived