You pet Fabric

People are always picking threads off you

You can measure a scant 1/4 by eye

"Featherweight" Doesn't mean Boxer

Your "UFO's" are not from outer space

You clean up your sewing room & they think you are leaving

:P:P:P:P

You know you are a LONGARMER if......:P:P

Your thread stash is bigger than your fabric stash.

You not only may have met Karen McTavish, but you know HOW to McTavish.

Your non-quilty friends gasp when they meet your longarm.( They thought you had a tiny, crafty home business to keep you out of trouble, not a giant sewing machine that earns money!)

You talk a language that includes "tension", "friendly", and "pita" which have no relation to the standard definitions of those words.

You have made friends with an army of other quilters who care and share. That, of course, is the best part of it all!

:cool:

We just had a quilt show (with an outside judge) in Floyd, VA and some of the members who had never gotten a ribbon, ever, won. The winners said at the following guild meeting that they "never felt that they were real quilters until they had won these ribbons". Does it bother anyone else that here are two long time quilt makers, quilting over 20 years, that had to win a ribbon to feel like they were quilters? It is thrilling to get ribbons, but sometimes I wonder whether all the quilt shows and magazines sometimes make ordinary women who make quilts feel less than "real quilters". I never felt that with knitting or weaving or spinning. Am I imagining this? How did a homey craft get to be like this? I know shows promote quilting which is great for long armers, but I guess there is a down side.

That is so true, piecing and longarming!

I was once in my doctor's surgery and kept wondering why this lady was staring at me. Then I realised that I was still 'wearing' my clip on scissors complete with rose decoration on the front of my blouse! I just don't think about them being there!

Shelley

Picture this, a big ugly red haired, freckle faced 6'2" guy with a tough looking jean jacket on that's embroidered Country Quilts N Crafts in big red letters across the back! Yes with thread hanging on various locations I couldn't reach or see. His tape measure hanging from his belt, fabric pens in pocket, and lurking in the fabric isle of the local quilt store with a quilt in hand checking for matching fabric for binding it. I do get a lot of stares but I enjoy it-- Ha ha !

The other twist is my farmer friends showing up to see if I can weld, fix, adjust, design and or build something for them, find a part, or just figure out whats wrong with their equipment and I tell them to come in I just have to finish the row I'm on first-- More Stares--LOL I LOVE IT!! Dave B.

Archived