small practice wholecloth plus customer quilt

I wanted to practice following a line on something small to see if I could do it. The center is a Judy Allen design that I rotated and repeated 4 times. I also drew on the straight lines.

2528587360105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

2988835610105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

This one is a customer quilt that took a stinkin long time. I've got to stop doing small background fills...or start charging properly for them.

2925338470105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

2715079940105474977S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh, and I used QD wool over Hobbs 80/20 for the little one and QD wool for the big colorful one. Love the texture of wool.

Jess

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning, Jess. I really love both pieces. Your quilting is beautiful; so much attention to detail!!!

I love to use QD wool for my own quilts. So far, none of my customers want to pay for the wool, even one lady who paid me $600 for a Civil War Tribute Quilt. I was shocked when she wanted the cheapest poly batting, due to the cost! After paying $600 for the quilting, what was another $20 or so???

Oh my goodness!!!....I just realized that I missed three feathers...just meandered right over them. How funny. :P

Sandra, I'm hoping that as I produce quilts with wool and show them at guild meetings that at least a few people will want to try it out. Here, too, they want the least expensive or the thinnest. Bummer.

Jess

Jess, WOW!!!! they both are BEAUTIFUL!!! :):):) isn't funny how we can spot our little opps!! I quilted over one of my lines, but you really don't notice until it is pointed out. Again Beautifully quilted!!

I have samples made up with the different battings to show customers, then they will go for the prettier one. That's what they say "prettier one" .....lol cute!

Guest Linda S

Jess - those are BEAUTIFUL! I love what you did with that Hunter's Star. Absolutely gorgeous. For practice, I'd say those are over the top!

Archived