Latest quilt--Barbara Brackman's Civil War Block of the Week. Photo of floral quilt added by request!

This is pieced by one of my newest customers. She pieced the Ode to the 1930's that I recently shared. This is her Civil War quilt--she used all stash fabric except the border and backer. She has quite a collection of CW reproductions.

The chain blocks were quilted with an arc of leaves to give the illusion that each block was surrounded. I love chain blocks as alternate blocks just for that reason--the chain sections make the eye think the blocks are on point.

I had fun with this one--in spite of the fact that it was half-done when the storm killed the power and I couldn't get back to it for over a week.

post--13461908038795_thumb.jpg

very nice - you do awesome work!

I really like the looks of that quilt that is on your machine too - can we get more photos of that one??? And how you are quilting it??

Looks like those inner fabrics pieces are folded / dimensional..... more ~ more ~ please?

Originally posted by Judi

very nice - you do awesome work!

I really like the looks of that quilt that is on your machine too - can we get more photos of that one??? And how you are quilting it??

Looks like those inner fabrics pieces are folded / dimensional..... more ~ more ~ please?

Here is a teaser photo of the flower quilt.Thanks for asking! It is to be a raffle quilt for a guild north of me.

Just the ever-pleasing McT background with a bit of quilting on the petals. The white spikes are 3-D and I am trying not to catch the foot as I travel around. The centers will be quilted eventually. It has wool batting, hence the extra puffy look. It's not so fluffy in person.

I'll post finished photos in a couple of days. It has setting triangles, a green flange (grrrr) and about six inches of border in the floral print used in the centers.

I will see if I can get the pattern name from my customer. It looks like each flower had a stitch-and-fold technique. They are all machine appliqued to the neutral block--all in one piece.

post--13461908041923_thumb.jpg

Archived