Most Excellent News

Ok...I am bragging just a bit here...but after the rough go, medically, we have faced in my family the past couple of years, I felt this was too great of news NOT to share.

Eric, my 5th grader, 10 years old, 4th in the lineup of my 7 children...placed 3rd in the Lemelson Young Inventions category at the Nevada State Science/Inventions Fair.

His invention is to help the blind through wayfinding technology that is not quite yet developed.

He wishes to go to a military academy and then help veterans.

He is a phenomenal kid: top of his class, a great athlete, and now a science fair winner. We are stoked at my house. This was great news to receive today...and I wanted to share.

Thanks ladies. He has a few years before the Academy...but is hoping on Westpoint.

He got the idea for this invention 2 years back while playing a video game that guides you through military operations by way of voice commands. He was excited to finally write up his idea and submit it to the local science fair. They felt it was worth a further glance at state. Who knew he would win a prize? We never expected it. :cool:

Kristina, Congratulations to your Eric. That is wonderful.

I have two legally blind grandchildren (who are both in college). They can see and use a special headset to further enhance when they have trouble reading. They are, also, interested in science and doing things for the completely blind.

Sounds like Eric will go far in this world. Think about you and your family often and always have them in my prayers.

God bless.

Marilyn

Guest Linda S

Wow Kristina! That is some project for a kid so young. Eric should be very proud of himself and you are justifiably proud of him. Congratulations to you both!

Archived