NQR Mom passed away....

Guest Linda S

Julia, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your mom looks as though she was a lovely lady. It's never easy to lose your mom. I pray you will find peace with her passing in time and your sorrow will be replaced by the happy memories of your life together. Many blessings to you and your family.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that a nice picture of her? In this photo I see her soul shines through her beautiful eyes. What a beautiful lady. Obviously was so happy and loved. Lucky to be loved and so happy in her final years. Surely her 6 kids and multiple grands were her most joy. Sorry to learn she passed away so qucikly.

Sheri thanks, I saw it on facebook but haven't acknowledged it like I should, Yes MOM should always be spelled in all Caps! What wonderful friends I have here on this forum!

I took that picture Christmas day. She said she hated the way her eyes would tend to squint when she smiled, so I had her look down, relax, look up at me and smile-that pic is the result. I think it is one of the best pics of Mom out there. (thanks Julie for the english lesson!). I didn't get my love of quilting from Mom but my love of sewing! I stood by her machine for hours watching her sew. She made many an outfit for us girls, many out of the same fabric but different patterns. It was her mother that liked to quilt. I remember sleeping under one of Grandma's butterfly quilts and because it had been used hard there were places where the wing seperated from the background. What a perfect hidy-hole for a little girl sharing space with two sisters! Mom would come in when I had an asthma attack and rub my back till I could get to sleep. Wonderful memories.

Julia,

It is difficult to know just what to say when someone dies especially when you've had so many wonderful years with your mother. I hope the memories you have shared will give you comfort in the coming days. If your mother is anything like her picture, I can tell she was a gem. May her memory be eternal! Hugs and prayers.

Archived