NQR Mom passed away....

My Mother died 8 days ago. It was rather sudden as she was taken to the hospital on Wednesday with AFib and they also found pneumonia. I really thought she would get the iv antibiotics and start to feel better by the next day. She just went down hill and we called everyone to come. All of her children (6) made it to her before she passed away. She was pretty much comatose from Friday evening till the end on Saturday afternoon.

She was a really good Mom and I will miss her so much. She raised six children along with Dad (he passed in 1998), and was loved by all of us. We all get along pretty good and I hope we will continue getting together for years to come. Some things had come to light about some of my siblings that I wasn't aware of and I feel closer to them because of it. Here is a pic of her from 2005.

post--134619083663_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Julia, what a shock to all. So sorry for you and the siblings, etc, and the pain you must have.

She was a very pretty lady.. you look much alike.

God Bless, prayers for a hand to hold you thru this period of grief.

Loads of ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

RitaR

Thanks to all who have posted and to the ones who want to post but don't know what to say. (I am like that sometimes!) March is a bad month for me-or at least my loved ones. Dad passed March 6th, Les (DH) passed March 13th, and Mom March 24th. I would just as soon pass up March altogether from now on, thank you very much!!! I don't know why I posted this to you all......guess I just needed to get it out there, to let you all know how much I thought of my Mother and how much I will miss her.

BTW I don't know-should Mom be capitalized? Maybe someone out there is an English teacher and can help me with that!! I know you guys don't care but I am curious.

Because I taught 3rd grade for 23 years I can answer your question, Julia. If you are talking about your mom as in "my mom was very dear to me", it isn't capitalized but if you are using the word as her name as in "Mom was very dear to me", it is capitalized. Once a teacher - always a teacher. :) Anyway, I was so sorry to hear about your mom. I know how much you must miss her.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom three years ago at the age of 62 and it is just a really tough thing to take. I am very glad you have siblings and people to share your feelings and memories with. Wishing you the best through this tough time.

Jen

Julia I know it hurts. It is so important to keep those connections strong with your siblings. I find that I enjoy mine more and more as I get older. One of the last things my mom did before she died was to ask me to make sure we all get together each year.

Did you inherit your love of quilting from your mom? I am sure you will have lots of wonderful memories to help you through the grief.

Archived