Kaleidoscope Quilt just finished

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOOOOh!!! I think it's REALLY, REALLY beautiful! I know we are our own worst critic's and we see every single bobble or wobble on our own work, but no one else does. It is beautiful & quite a jaw dropper. I love it & would be happy to take your 'practice' piece off your hands :) GREAT JOB!!!

Thanks Judy and others who had such wonderful things to say. I must have spent 40-50 hours quilting this one.

Originally posted by Judy Bland

Wow Sue, this just goes to show that "practice maketh perfect" looks amazing, how long did it take to create this beautiful quilt?

Thanks!! Batting - 70/30 blend and poly down both from quilters dream.

Thread - bottom line - 2 strands on the top (green and white) and lace white on the bottom. My machine just loves 2 strands of bottom line on the top.

Squarepants quilts - in the colored center square, I quilted a circle with a flowerish thing in the middle. I used the hartley fence for those circles. The pearls on the feather spines were done free hand. Hope that helps :)

Originally posted by cmkeindl1

WOW - that is incredible! If that is practice, can't wait to see more from you!!!!!

Have to add - what batting(s) did you use and what threads?

LOVE your blog! On "JoanandBobsquarepants" what did you mean by a ruler for the "circles" - not the tiny pearls?

Thanks! Oh boy is the back pieced! I used every last scrap from this quilt and sewed it together, then just added what I had (that's the part that you see in the picture). Really wish it would have been a solid back.

Originally posted by jewwels

This is awesome! I'm curious though, is the back pieced too?

Wow, this is really stunning! If this is your practice I can hardly wait to see something that is not practice. I put it into my favorites. You should be very proud. Thank you also for sharing thread and batting information with us.

Archived