Just too wild - quilt pictures

A few weeks ago I asked for help with quilting designs for the border for this quilt. It has been done for a while and I finally have pictures.

Three or four years ago I wanted to teach myself paper piecing and proceeded to pull batik fabrics from the stash. I didn't have a large stash then, and this is the best that I could come up with for fabrics. And PP I did, but not without a few strugles. There are at least four different blocks in the quilt and I kept getting myself confused. The only pattern that I had was one that I created in EQ, and I didn't make notes as I worked. Then Carol Doak came and taught at our guild and PP suddenly wasn't so difficult! :P But I had lost interest in this quilt until May this year when I was determined to complete it. So here it is, bright and wild and it makes me dizzy! :P:P:P I'm calling it 'Confetti.'

I used the Circle Lord to create the arcs and circles and did free motion throughout to practice. This is the first time that I quilted this type of feather and am pleased with how they look ~~ much better than the ones that I have done on paper! Thanks for looking.

2868911370105196958S500x500Q85.jpg

2102490630105196958S500x500Q85.jpg

2609616830105196958S500x500Q85.jpg

This is a quilt is really striking. I love your quilt designs and the feathers are fabulous! I am you got it done.

I love PP. I also took a class from Carol Doak. She taught a class at the Bernina shop. Before that I was lost when it came to PP.

Archived