Christmas in April?

I've haven't found time to be on the chat much lately with a transfer and different hours at the day job. It's been a struggle that I didn't think would happen this close to my retirement--I'm hoping for a year from now.

This is a just-finished quilt. It's mostly from a kit with added borders and meant for a bed. Anywhere you see red and white prints in HSTs or the Dresden plates--that is striped red and white printed fabric cut to look like piecing. I loved that!

She didn't want dense quilting so it would drape well. She brought wool batting which makes such a difference in stitch definition. My one concession to the Christmas theme was two holly leaves in the red prints. Thanks for looking and I hope to have more to offer on the chat soon.   :)

post-881-0-03554700-1366041877_thumb.jpg

post-881-0-76328900-1366041886_thumb.jpg

Nice! Did you freehand those long stems with swirls? They look so even.

Thanks everyone! 

The swirls are freehand--sort of. I mark one that I like and then use the mark to trace the spine onto a piece if thin paper. I cut out along the spine and use the paper to mark each spine--flipping for the mirror image. Then the swirls are freehanded, with some care taken to keep them the correct size.

Linda I have missed your always right on wisdom, and your amazing quilting. What a pretty quilt, made even more so by your quilting. Love those swirls and your description of how you accomplished them.

You are much admired and missed when your day job gets in the way!

Archived