My longest custom job to date...

I haven't posted in a while, as things have  been hectic....  so much coming in at the minute...

This quilt has taken me 37 hours to quilt and my fingers are so stiff and sore now.....  although I enjoyed working on it, I am so glad that I don't custom quilt all of the time...  relieved to be back to the pantos now for a while...  I don't know how all of you custom quilters out there do it...  LOL  its intense..

9144815951_ed24c54794.jpg
IMG_3031 by J-Quilts, on Flickr

9147029636_4d2205c120.jpg
IMG_3054 by J-Quilts, on Flickr

9144810489_73c95afaa0.jpg
IMG_3049 by J-Quilts, on Flickr

9147029912_efec1f549d.jpg
IMG_3053 by J-Quilts, on Flickr

It was very satisfying though to give my customer the joy of collecting it today ....

Nice job! I really like the curly/swirl designs in the border with the feather and the flower with the swirl in the middle of all the white parts of the nine-patches.

EDITED: I meant to ask Is the edge of the quilt straight or curved? It looks interesting but it may be the camera angle?

Nice job! I really like the curly/swirl designs in the border with the feather and the flower with the swirl in the middle of all the white parts of the nine-patches.

EDITED: I meant to ask Is the edge of the quilt straight or curved? It looks interesting but it may be the camera angle?

Thanks Bonnie,  It is a gently scollopped border definitely not straight...

Beautiful quilting Janette!  I know what you mean about enjoying custom quilting but happy to be back to pantos. Custom takes a toll on us physically and mentally!

It certainly does, I have been waking up with very stiff fingers all week from the ruler work.... 

Janette you did a wonderful job with both your design and your quilting! A few leisurely pantos and I bet you will be raring to get back to custom where you shine.

I feel your pain, I recently finished a quilt that, including ripping a lot to change the back, has more than 40 hours in it.

I am sitting still tonight with the beginning of what feels like a very bad cold, so I will try to post some pictures.

Archived