Safari Baby Quilt

This is a quilt I made for a great nephew due in July.  I am very pleased.  I used a cuddle fabric on the back and it is yummy!  Hubby threatened to steal it.  LOL  I did the applique with my embroidery machine, designs by Bunnycup.  I was very happy with these digitized patterns.  The shower is Sat. and the final quilt is a surprise.  My nephew and his wife picked out the quilt motifs and general style and then told me to do my thing.  I hope she loves it!  She has only seen the zebra.  Thanks for looking.

Front

14008710767_7d71bb8615_s.jpgIMG_1401 by merrih2, on Flickr

Back

14195254654_f01c0734c1_s.jpgIMG_1403 by merrih2, on Flickr

A few of my favorites but I love them all.  More on my flicker page.

14195255614_fa8c4e6237_s.jpgIMG_1392 by merrih2, on Flickr

14195312705_c94d6f9b1d_s.jpgIMG_1391 by merrih2, on Flickr

That looks great. I love the circle background fill. That's one I just can't get the hang of. 

Your border design is fabulous.  Looks like it took a lot of planning.

Thanks Teresa.  This is the first time that I did the circle background and it wasn't bad once I got my rhythm.  I usually do a swirl where you don't have to backtrack at all but this worked up pretty quickly.  I got the impact I wanted from it so I'm happy.  The border design was actually pretty easy to fit in and didn't take much planning.  I started in the middle with the square on point.  Then worked to the corners.  I marked the very corner and then made the lines longer or shorter to match it to the borders.  I had this quilt pictured in my head right from the start, except that I didn't account for the blue sashing right.  My original plan was to do what I did in the brown throughout because I wanted to make sure to capture the zig zag placement of the colors but soon realized that I couldn't do that in both the blue and the brown or it would just look like I did straight lines.  I decided that the diagonal lines would do the trick in the blue sashing and still lead the eye to follow the zig zag.  

Archived