Church Fair Quilt

Just finished this quilt for our church fair which last 3 days. Hopefully they will raffle it off to make the most money. If I had to charge for this quilt, I don't think anyone would pay the price. It was very labor intense, but was so much fun doing. All free hand but the outside border. First time I do so much detailed quilting. I really wish I was keeping it for myself, but then that's what I say with all the quilts.

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy!

"Closeup"

"Whole

Jeannine....how did you know I love Sunflowers and burn orange...just pull my ticket out and I will come pick my quilt up...you are only a little over 2 hours away...would love to come to the fair. When is it and where??? Heidi...up for a road trip, can swing by pick you up off and then go?

Thank you all for your comments. It fills me with convidence to know I'm heading in the right direction.. As many of you know, I have onlybeen doing for a short time and with a grace frame and jamone machine that I have tweaked to work best for me. someday I'll have the real thing, but for know it's me and gracie! As for the McT, it came about by accident. I was going for the echo look, but where the flowers leaves and stems came together it was impossible was McT began. I guess sometimes it's better to not think to hard. When I attempted in practicing to McT, I just couldn't get a flow going.

Bonnie, as for the fair, it is Oct. 17, 18 and 19th. I live in Gardner, MA which is where the church is. Our Lady of the Holy Rosary on 200 Nichols Street. It is in our church hall. Lots of things to buy and take chances on. Plenty of good food. The serve a turkey dinner with all the fixing on Sunday. There's hot dogs, clam chowder and plenty of "French" food. Poutines, rappe and pork pie. Homemade pies, and much more. You are welcome to come, and if you do, I've love to meet up with you.

Thanks again to everyone for their wonderful comments

Archived