Old-timey Parasol Ladies w/pics

I just finished this today for a friend and long-time customer. Her mom did two blocks of twelve and my friend did the other 10 blocks that her mom had prepped and pinned on but never finished. The day before she dropped the top off her mother passed away, so this will always be a bittersweet memory quilt for her.

I used Sewfine and BL on top and BL pre-wounds in the bobbin. Miles and miles of thread on this!

And Mary Beth--Look! Look! SID around the blocks! Aren't you proud of me!!??

post--13461900801331_thumb.jpg

Linda, I love those Colonial girl blocks.. I've a pattern for one very similar, though I don't think it has the parasol. you did sid so well, I can't even see where it is, so it's quite perfect. background fill is terrific, too..

Great Job,

RitaR

Linda, That is my favorite quilt. I remember my Mamaw (DGM) had made one and I thought it was the most magnificient quilt ever. I will do one for me someday. Please pass my condolences to your customer. I pray that the quilt brings her smiles of comfort and wonderful memories.

PS: You did a great job quilting it. Stunning.

Linda, love your quilting, really makes the quilt. My Grandmother made a quilt very similar to that.When I was home last summer my Mom gave me a box of Grandma's quilt templates and patterns. It is on the long list of want to makes. I'll save this as inspiration when it come time to quilt it.

Again, great job!

What a treasure this will be. I love to hear the back story about quilts. It givew them another dimension for me.

You quilting is wonderful. The way you treated the dresses really emphasizes their shape. I love the flowers and butterflies(?) in the sashing. And WOW, that fill is so much frillier than stipple and perfect for this quilt.

You did a great job on this quilt Linda. I wish you would share a photo of the entire quilt.

Originally posted by ffq-lar

And Mary Beth--Look! Look! SID around the blocks! Aren't you proud of me!!??

Proud :o No....I would not call it proud of you for SID....you were my idol....you have become an icon in my life....you, the woman I thought of as Wonder Woman!!! Proud?! Proud?! Now I have to rethink my whole quilting career!!;)

But your quilting is beautiful -as always!!

Linda I love the stippling design you used in the block it fits perfectly with the girls. And your leaves and flowers are a great choice and perfect. I love your quilting, I'm envious. Guess I will just have to ppp. Maybe when we meet you can give me some tips...;)

I have to agree with Linda (Ramona) that I like to hear about the story behind the quilts. To me it makes them really come alive and yes this one will be cherrished forever.

Renae Gamel

• 3 years later...

Archived