Hawaiian Star

I love the quilt and the quilting! Patty, you did a beautiful job of quilting. I hope you don't mind if I save the photos of this quilt to use as inspiration for the Lone Star quilt that I made last year. Our guild had Jan Krentz in as a speaker and teacher. She did a trunk show and did a great job at everything. If you ever have the opportunity to take I class from her you won't be disappointed.

Jeanne, I think the quilt pattern is from Judy Niemeyer. I have the Judy Niemeyer Praire Star pattern and believe the Hawaiian Star is the same but with different colors. My pattern, however, is still in the box while I wait for the courage to tackle it!

You did a fantastic job of quilting Patty and I love the details you put into it. Your CC's and pebbles are wonderful and the other details fit perfectly. Great job! By the way we missed you at MQS this year, can you make it next year?

Originally posted by LynnQuilts

Beautiful job of quilting, Patty! I've made the same quilt and put it aside to quilt someday. You've inspired me to at least think about quilting it! You did a wonderful job on it!!

I ordered the pattern and fabric pack today. lol

Carmen yep, I just googled and found the pattern. Now that is an interesting paper piecing project for sure. I am sure mine would still be in the package too. Unless I got really, really bored. That is quite an accomplishment to finish, and so beautiful.

Patty, That is absolutely fabulous!! I love your choices of quilting motifs and have flagged this one in my favorites. I started a Jan Krenz "Spiral Lone Star" in a class with her several years ago and have never finished it. This give me the inspiration to get it finished so I can try out some of your quilting ideas on mine, even though it's not exactly the same pattern. Thanks for sharing.:D

Wonderfully awesome. This is the inspiration that I need to get going on working with more stars. I hope the customer did not faint. Most likely her breath will be taken away when she see the quilting that adds depth to the pattern.

Archived