80s quilt top

On another post I vented about some horrible batting.

As I explained on that post, the quilt top was at least 25 years old. The fabric was in great condition and it was well pieced. Here is a peek--she couldn't afford custom, so I gave her "semi-custom" for a nice price. She is in her 70s and is trying to finish up all her UFOs to present to family members.

The designs are my old stand-bys--a feather overall and my version of McT-ing. A little line dancing in the blocks and it was done in about 8 hours--94"X104". Thanks for looking!

post--13461902052841_thumb.jpg

I really like the background fillers.. I'm finally onto feathers, but not as fillers.. and the quilt is lovely.. You are sweet to help her out.. and yes, there is a snail mail letter coming soon.

Hugs.. God Bless, Rita

Dear Linda: Am very new to this, what is your secret to the all over feathers! If you could give out, what do you do first, then next, do you mark ahead? Thanks, this is exactly the look I like for many things, just need to start someplace with the ppp. Thanks, Pat

Dear Linda: Wow, thank you so much for the great drawing, I would never have figured that out, but I admit, I'll have to start out with only a few bumps, or I'll lose my place!

Thanks again for the drawing, you experts look at something and can often figure it out, I need a little coaching.....Hopeful to try this, Pat

Archived